Aussies Living Simply

Moving overseas, what do we do with our guinea pigs

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Pets and Native Animals Moving overseas, what do we do with our guinea pigs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DanHowerDanHower

Hi, we are moving to Europe, good job there, and my renewable energy stuff is in demand over there.

Our nine year old daughter has two young guinea pigs, 6 mths old, both male, and she wants to give them to a good home.

I do not want to follow suggestions we got from people like: “We say we take them, and once you left we give them to the pet shop”.

I take my daughter serious and I am not able to do that cheating.

So we need to find a new home for the guinea pigs where they really have it good, and also our daughter would like to visit them when we come to Australia once a year.

If anybody would like to take them, or knows of people interested please let me know, or send me an SMS to 0469 666 844

We would leave next week, however, as long as we don’t know where the guinea pigs go I can’t buy tickets.

Cheers,

Dan

BobbeeBobbee

Hi Dan. Best of luck with finding a good home for the guinea pigs. It might help if you say approx. where you are living right now.

🙂

DanHowerDanHower

Yes you are right, we live near Sydney and would deliver guinea pigs and cage if it is up to a few hours drive.

D.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

I was hoping you said Adelaide I would have taken them off your hands

Love guinaa pigs, even put one on a plane from perth to adelaide when we moved.

Good luck with your move

ZandraZandra
    Participant

Have you looked up guinea pig shelters around your area?

DanHowerDanHower

Zandra post=357253 wrote: Have you looked up guinea pig shelters around your area?

Thanks, that was very helpful. There is such a shelter not too far from here, and I will get in contact with them tomorrow.

Cheers

Dan

ZandraZandra
    Participant

DanHower post=357258 wrote:

Have you looked up guinea pig shelters around your area?

Thanks, that was very helpful. There is such a shelter not too far from here, and I will get in contact with them tomorrow.

Cheers

Dan

I’m glad! I’m not in Sydney but I know there are quite a few little guinea pig shelters around Australia. Good luck! It’s awesome that you’re finding good new homes for them.

BobbeeBobbee

Well, bust my bunions, I have never heard of a guinea pig shelter! :jawdrop:

How fantastic!!!

🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.