Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Moving boxes and packaging supplies

Home Forums Regional Groups Connecting Moving boxes and packaging supplies

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PeterReillyPeterReilly

Hello Everyone,

I am Peter, Just want to ask for your thought about this company.
    We are moving this week to geelong and we need boxes and packaging supplies
    I am looking for cheap ones and I come across this page :getboxes.com.au
    though, they have a good reputation,and have a buy back program. I just want to make sure that I am not wasting my money with them.
    Thank you so much! God Bless Us!
    AshilleongAshilleong

We’ve mostly just used Bunnings boxes, free at the front of the shop.

PeterReillyPeterReilly

Hi  Ashilleong!

Thank you so much for that. Will try that one as well!

AshilleongAshilleong

You’ll also find that a lot of clothing shops ect have boxes if you ask them nicely – stock comes in and those boxes aren’t often recycled or sent back and often end up in the bin.

VanessaVanessa

Having moved twice now with a moving company (for work) I do have to say that having uniform size and shaped boxes makes both packing and unpacking a lot easier than having all different sizes, we had a couple of huge ones (I think they call then wardrobe or hanger boxes) that have a metal bar across the top and are for hanging clothes which cant be “packed”, then we had the normal big sized boxes, and then the “book” boxes which would be more the bunnings sized ones, but still filled with books they were still fairly heavy, wouldnt have wanted them to be much bigger than they were.

Have you tried places like freecycle or gumtree, lots of people move and end up having to throw these boxes out, I was able to give most of mine away both times to others who were moving.
    PeterReillyPeterReilly

Hi Vanessa,

I tried your suggestions, but at the end, Getboxes  and Minimovers helped me.
    I also tried  what Ashilleong  told me but most of used boxes from the stores are dirty though they are a lot cheaper. I end up buying moving boxes from these companies and let them move my things. They also have a buy back program, which help me to dispose my used boxes. We are now here at Geelong! Thank you so much for helping me!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.