Aussies Living Simply

Motivate me for winter in the garden!!!

Home Forums HOMEMADE In the Garden Motivate me for winter in the garden!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Vanessa

Its been a while since I have been here I have some annual leave coming up (a few days at a time) and I was hoping to spend some time in the garden, and with the cooler weather having arrived it sure needs some attention. I am starting to think that I might have missed the boat to put winter veg in, but I’m sure there are other things which aren’t too late.

I’m in South Australia, just north of Adelaide, so we are coming into winter.
    There’s heaps of weeding to do, tomato plants still have tomatoes on them but are pretty much done, I have a few “spare” beds, I just have to work out what to plant in them, things that we will use but also things that will grow.So feel free to give me some ideas to help motivate me

Bel

I’d be planting a heap of peas and broad beans! They grow quickly even in cold weather and they freeze well if you have a glut. A good beanie is a must if you hate gardening in the cold like i do!

Snags

I love broad beans

dentydog

I’ve just put in broad beans (seeds) and silverbeet (seedlings) as well as a few seeds from vegie scraps just to see if anything comes up

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.