Aussies Living Simply

Mobile phone advice

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Mobile phone advice

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    muster

I usually inherit my mobiles from my grandkids and don’t make more than a couple of calls a year on them, so I am clueless with the technology and hoping someone will have the patience to advise me. Can I use a pre-paid Sim card (telstra) on an unlocked Aldi phone?

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

I think the Aldi phones use the Telstra network, so you shouldn’t have any problem.

Why would you want a telstra sim rather than just go with the Aldi one if you’re buying the phone anyway?

muster

Thanks for the advice. I have about $70 credit on the Telstra Sim card so I wanted to use it.

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

Damn good reason, Muster!

Bron

I’ve bought 3 phones from Aldi, 2 were locked to Optus, 1 to virgin. Easy enough to unlock the Optus, impossible to do the Virgin (well, I gave up after a couple of months).

You will need the long number under the battery to unlock, but might be easier for the grandson? nephew? son? to do it cos he’ll need to give his details (sorry, the preview screen only shows Lady B’s reply, not your OP) 🙂

If the phone you purchase is unlocked, you can use any sim card in it.

Bron, totally agree about virgin.

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

If you look at the Aldi website for their OWN phone (as opposed to what they have sold in the past), it clearly states that they use the Telstra network.

I have a Virgin phone and had no trouble unlocking it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.