Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Melbourne GTG 18 NOV

Home Forums Regional Groups Victoria Melbourne GTG 18 NOV

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    amethystamethyst

The weather “looks” like it has cleared a bit so Humbug and I are going to amble over to the spot in Dan’s map. We’ll catch up with anybody who shows up :tup:

NoodleNoodle

Yep, I’ve piked, but I’m kinda wishing I hadn’t as it’s looking quite nice outside now.

😐

Hope it’s all sunshine from here for you!

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Well looks like I am the first to get back to make a report!

I, as usual, made a magnificent grand (and fashionably late) entrance.. after circumnavigating most of the park ONLY to find I had in fact passed the desired location 30 mins previously.

I waited. I saw ppl. I waited more.. then i decided to ask the silly question for some of those gathered neaby – “Are you guys from the ALS website”.. yah yah.. the lingered seconds of silence and dubious looks passed between all in earshot.. and they said (I could tell by this point what the answer was ging to be) “Umm.. No.”

I moved away and waited. Did I mention I was lugging around 20 kgs of loquat! As I was navigating the garden environs (looking keenly for ALS-type looking dudes) a few ppl spied the bulging bag of fruit on stems with leaves (I think they thought I had pinched them from the gardens) and I was awaiting the heavy-hand of the Botanical Police (Princes Lawn precinct) to come swooping down in their patrol golf-carts!

Anyway.. said police did not emerge from the abundant foliage so I sat in the shade and decided to have a cuppa. My trusty thermos of 15 years leaked in the lunch bag. Apart from the sacrilegous waste of the coffee (not all.. i managed to save some!) I had also brought several raffle books in the hope of selling you wonderful ppl a chance to win a VW Euros and to raise money for the Red Cross. Alas .. most of the tickets were stuck together and I was in the process of attempting to dry them when Lo and behold, Humbug (Jan) and amethyst (Teresa) arrived.

Soon after, baldcat (Dan), friends and family arrived. All in all, it was a fine day out. No storm clouds appeared to dampen the event. I managed to sell a few tickets too(I will buy the rest I think.. and suck the coffee out of each and every one!) I also managed to reduce my loquat horde to about 15 kgs.. so now I am looking to see how best to presreve them.. cook them.. whatever before the compost gets them. Note: black swand and seagulls DO NOT appreciate the fine taste of loquat!:lol:

Whose next to add their bit???:tup:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I checked the website prior to leaving this morning only to find the big scary weather report that Dan had posted. Bugger, I say!

I ring Amethyst.. and we decide that we will still meet up.

It was wet, cold and raining when I left the valley.. I get down the highway 20 minutes and the sky was clear with no rain in sight… yeah righto Dan, where’s this wicked weather ? :confused:

Teresa and I decided that we would go in regardless, thunderstorms weren’t going to ruin our day! So, off we go I’m driving, Teresa was cheif navigator. All went according to plan.. even getting a park was easy!

We found gate F.. had a little trouble finding the exact meeting place. Then Teresa found Andre under a tree.. Dan,Sam and the twins wandered down a bit later on with some friends and we all had a lovely afternoon yakking in the glorious Melbourne weather.

Don’t let a bit of rain put you off folks.. it was a great day, as they always are :tup:

LollyLolly
    Keymaster

Glad to hear that you had a great time.. 🙂

baringaparkbaringapark

😆 @ Andre…thought it was all gonna end in tears mate…and that you were gonna end up on ya patmalone! :tup:

amethystamethyst

A great outing in wonderful company :tup::tup::tup:

It was so lovely to meet Angus and Hamish too! Little cuties :hug:

TullymoorTullymoor

Glad to hear you had a great time!

:lol::lol::lol: @ Andre!

flyingfoxflyingfox

photo’s please, sounds like a fantastic day!

jdaleyjdaley

Saturday morning is bad for me. I work in camberwell and will not finish until 1pm.

Thought about a later catch up?

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Hi John, this is an old thread, going back about 3 years.

But maybe there will be another that you would be welcome to attend.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.