Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

March Against Monsanto – May 25

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster
    porgeyporgey

Whats wrong with Monsanto?

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

porgey post=356036 wrote: Whats wrong with Monsanto?

Ummm seriously… d’you need an explanation ?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

Humbug post=356037 wrote:

Ummm seriously… d’you need an explanation ? [/quotes

agree with humbug – seriously!!!

or you just stirring ???

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

http://nogmo.streamshare.com/posts/4217

thought this was interesting

porgeyporgey

Humbug post=356037 wrote:

Yes please. 🙂

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

porgey post=356045 wrote:

Yes please. 🙂

Google is your friend porg’s.. 🙂

porgeyporgey

Humbug post=356046 wrote:

Yes please. 🙂

Hummers, dont get me wrong, I hate Monsanto et al and all they stand for.

But what are the alternatives?

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Dearest porg’s………

I am not .. bailing you out of this one!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Marching against Monsanto & all that they hideously stand for.. can only contribute to a better, stable & more conciencious future for all man kind… don’t you think porg’s ?

BobbeeBobbee

porgey post=356047 wrote:

Yes please. 🙂

Hummers, dont get me wrong, I hate Monsanto et al and all they stand for.

But what are the alternatives?

porgy… :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant
    AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Just a few links to the unscrupulous acts this bio-tech corporation will do to ensure it reigns supreme.

Some might ask what is wrong with Monsanto – they are just a business doing what they can to survive in this world riven by various financial woes.

Depending on who you speak to, Monsanto is either the greatest thing on earth to assist our agricultural industry, or it is the Devil incarnate. Of course, we all probably realise, those that praise Monsanto are either blithely ignorant, or from a different planet – but I suspect more than likely they are in some way benefitting from their rants.

Whereas those who oppose Monsanto – and all the other similar bio-tech corporations – would be speaking from their heads and NOT their wallets.

So far I believe, any Monsanto ‘research’ that has been made public, is not open to independent scrutiny. When independent research is produced that disputes Monsanto, they cry fowl and use their huge resources and go to court.

What the evidence indicates is:

if your ‘organic’ crop is contaminated with GM pollen (via wind pollination etc) YOU are held liable for growing GM crops without license and taken to court; a farmer is not allowed to collect and grow GM seeds – assuming that particular crop hasn’t been treated with the terminator gene (to prevent seeds), many farmers are worse off when the ‘wonder crop’ fails dismally, their expenses increase due to the extra cost of the seed (which they are contracted to purchase every year), extra cost of the herbicides and fertilisers they MUST buy to get any growth, many of the board of the USFDA have been previous Monsanto or other bio-tech employees. A google search will bring up much more info.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/on/monsanto-gmo-roundup-ready-seeds-patents-food-prices/

http://www.organicconsumers.org/monsanto/

http://www.motherearthnews.com/homesteading-and-livestock/is-monsanto-the-worlds-most-evil-corporation.aspx#axzz2U1DAazeA

http://jezebel.com/5993018/whats-the-monsanto-protection-act-and-why-is-it-all-over-facebook

Only you can decide …

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Porgs, I would think the alternatives would be good farm-husbandry, increasing the farm biodiversity, not using synthetic-based herbicides and pesticides that do more harm than good to the ground and nature in general, just to name a few.

Maybe also growing the right crop for the area, instead of spending thousands if not millions of dollars to set the property up, only to fail the moment the weather turns.

Anonymous

why waste energy marching teh horse has well and truely bolted, and monsanto learnt from teh litigation of the breast implant and anti tobacco isuues. they are well in bed with the political parties protected by regulation, that means you are guilty untill you can prove yourself innocent, not an easy task.

it all started with aspartame being made a safe food additive without any trialling.

use the energy to make veg’ gardens and grow your own grow in containers (we have a link)bring community together have common growing area parks with fruit trees etc.,.

farmer would do better to have their farms on smaller land growing staples but very near their customers almost walking distance, smaller farms can mean more habitat and more stable weather.

monsanto need factory broadacre farms so they need to go and replant the destroyed habitat, broaacre farms just allow for our ecology to be sold cheaply.

teh best way to beat monsanto and their cohorts is not buy their products, tell overseas buyers about the poisoned product.

good luck on the march

len

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.