Aussies Living Simply

Macadamia seedlings Adelaide Hills

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Seed Exchange and Traders Market Macadamia seedlings Adelaide Hills

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    GrethGreth

Someone gave me a pile of macadamia nuts et voila, I now have a number of young trees, about 8″ high atm but growing rapidly. I will keep a few and try them here, but if any SA ALSers would like some starters, they are here for a few dollars each.

What’s the likelihood of them surviving in the hills, Greth? They’re normally tropicals aren’t they? Would they go better down on the flats?

fruitfulfruitful

pm’d you Greth

GrethGreth

Not sure how they would go with you Bandicoot, you are one of the frostier corners. I havent tested them out here yet, think that with good water and mulch for the first year or two they would be ok. Might be worth a try for you if you container grow it and shelter it on your porch area for a couple of years, plant it when bigger.

No PM that I can see, fruitful??

fruitful, you sent it to me instead! 😛 May want to resend that pm to Greth.

I think I’ll give it a miss thanks, Greth, I really don’t think it would survive here. 🙁 (Need to get my tupperware pot back from you at some point too! It fits inside my big selection thingo.)

fruitfulfruitful

Sorry BV, serves me right for doing things like that just before I’m due to go to work!!!

😆

GothmotherGothmother

Hi Greth,

I haven’t been on for quite a while. I was wondering if you still had spare macadamia trees. I would love one if you do.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.