February 12, 2012 at 10:18 pm #519247
Yeah we’re stuffed 30cm of water over the drive and it has washed away all the work DH did… so now I have to decide if we cancel the Dr or hire a car.February 13, 2012 at 12:18 am #519248mistyhollowsMember
Oh Judi that’s awful. We made it home from the Drs today just in time. We had a huge storm about 5 min later. DH had to dig a drain out the front on Saturday so the front path doesn’t wash away again. Our driveway is washing away though each time we get a downpour 🙁 .February 13, 2012 at 12:27 am #519249BlueWrenMember
🙁 :hug: Judi and DH
We did get the storm with heavy rain but only about 12ml total, and very little lightning,thunder,wind.
Edited. Radar says 25.4ml for Nanango , 6.6 for Kingaroy so I guess we were inbetween.February 13, 2012 at 1:52 am #519250
Today we had nearly 60mm 🙁 DH just came up from the gully … I’ll have to ring and cancel the Dr’s something I don’t want to do.February 13, 2012 at 1:55 am #519251
mistyhollows post=338136 wrote: Oh Judi that’s awful. We made it home from the Drs today just in time. We had a huge storm about 5 min later. DH had to dig a drain out the front on Saturday so the front path doesn’t wash away again. Our driveway is washing away though each time we get a downpour 🙁 .
Everytime we get the outside drive from the road to our property gate settled and stable some prick gets on it and does wheelies and chops the crap out of it :angry:February 27, 2012 at 1:04 am #519252mistyhollowsMember
Can someone please TURN OFF THE TAP!!! The pipeline from up north needs blocking now:
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology New South Wales
FLOOD WATCH FOR THE HAWKESBURY – NEPEAN, QUEANBEYAN MOLONGLO, MURRUMBIDGEE, LACHLAN AND MACQUARIE VALLEYS AND THE NSW SOUTH COAST FROM WEDNESDAY ONWARDS
Issued at 1:18 pm EDT on Monday 27 February 2012
Note: This Flood Watch is a “heads up” for possible future flooding and is NOT a Flood Warning [see note below].
A large rain band will will move into New South Wales on Tuesday and stall over central parts of the state on Wednesday. This will bring heavy heavy rain to the southern half of the state.
There is a greater than 70% of flooding developing in the following valleys from this Wednesday onwards:
1. Nepean Hawkesbury – minor to moderate flooding possibly resulting in closure of the Richmond and Windsor bridges during Thursday and Friday. Heaviest rain is expected in the Wollondilly River catchment which will also affect Goulburn.
2. Queanbeyan Molonglo – moderate to major flooding.
3. Murrumbidgee – minor to moderate flooding. Cooma is likely to have major flooding. Cootamundra Shire may also experience moderate to major flooding.
4. Lachlan – including Mandagery Creek and the Belubula River – minor to moderate flooding.
5. Macquarie – Molong, Orange and the Bell River catchment – minor to moderate flooding.
6. Shoalhaven – minor to moderate flooding
7. South coast – including Bega and Moruya valleys – minor flooding.
Local flooding is also expected in the Lower Western district of the state south of Tibooburra, White Cliffs and Cobar during Tuesday and Wednesday. Severe Weather Warnings will be issued for these areas as the event unfolds.February 27, 2012 at 1:50 am #519253BlueWrenMember
Fingers crossed for you mh……….February 27, 2012 at 1:30 pm #519254
:hug: I know just how you feel.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.