Aussies Living Simply

lots of rain

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Ggang

I know its not a lot by Eastern states standards bt we had 70mm overnight :jawdrop: that is more than our average for jan feb march and April

ex tropical cyclone Iggy hit us !! just lucky it was an EX cyclone

mistyhollows

:tup: Thanks Bullseye for hooking up the pipes :laugh:

We have up to 200ml of rain predicted over the next few days from an East Coast Low:

Severe Weather Warning

for flash flooding

for people in the South Coast and Snowy Mountains forecast districts

Issued at 4:29 pm EDT on Thursday 9 February 2012.

Weather Situation

A low pressure trough over eastern New South Wales will deepen tonight and on Friday as a high pressure system south of the Bight extends a ridge towards the Tasman Sea. A low pressure system is expected to develop near the South Coast on Saturday.

Rain and thunderstorms may lead to flash flooding over the South Coast and Snowy Mountains forecast districts from early Friday.

LindyChook

We keep getting flood warnings here on the Castlereagh River but it hasnt peaked yet! We are very wet so it wont take much to flood here if it keeps raining up Coonabarabran way! We had a storm today and it had to happen just as I went down the street for shopping and it stopped when I walked in the front door :angry:

mistyhollows

It’s pouring here at the moment 🙂

Bron

we’ve had a whole week of dry!!! well, it did rain overnight Wed, but overnight is fine. The solar system clocked it’s highest to date, 14.9 kW!!!

Judi B

I’m so over RAIN just now :angry: on our way home from Blue Wren’s place yesterday there were storms around and just coming into town there was a bit of water at the sides of the road and the closer we got to home the more water there was … we wondered if we would be able to get the car home????? we did just make it over the causeway and the gully is running again today 13.5mm from yesterday’s storm so DH can’t do any work on the drive :angry:

There is a storm warning out for us and it is pouring just hope that it stops soon and the gully doesn’t come any higher.

BlueWren

Yes, that current severe storm warning is centred on Blackbutt which is way too close to you for comfort.Hope it’s OK.

Judi B

Too much rain for us we’re pretty sure more of the drive is going….. mind you really eerie here there is fog everywhere have seen the ground steam after rain but the dam has mist rising from it up to 30ft high like from a horror movie…. :ohmy: hang on thats our life

BlueWren

So I gather you got some of that storm?

Judi B

Yeah way too close we had 21mm and the tank filled and is now leaking from the side :angry: rain was heavy and knocked off the rust….. now looks like there is another heading towards us

calliecat

sky is looking rather ominous outside again

calliecat

and down it comes again

sorry judi 🙁

Judi B

That’s OK callie … :hug: I know you didn’t want it to rain on us.

Looks like Kingaroy is next in line.

I can now claim lakeside views :laugh: the dam has banked right back to the house.

I took some photos will put them up later

DH has gone to see what is left of the drive.

Judi B

Well the council road outside is underwater and there are cars waiting for the water to go down… so you know we are stuffed don’t you.

calliecat

well if it didn’t mean I had to get dressed again, I would be out taking photos – but cbb lol

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.