Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

lots of rain

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    gartenfeegartenfee

:ohmy: I hope everyone is safe, so much rain around.

we feel like ducks walking thrue puddles. oh well, get`s a few

indoor jobs done.

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

:wave: gartenfee. I just mentioned to bullseye on the other weather thread that I am getting a pipleline ready 😉 . We’ve had hardly anything down here on the NSW sth coast, water tank is still just about empty 🙁

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

and yet, some NSW towns are being evacuated

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Yes, the towns in Nthn NSW have certainly had their fair share too. All flooding in the usual places near rivers up there.

BullseyeBullseye

In the next 7 days the Northern NSW Tablelands, i.e. Armidale, is predicted to get a drenching.

PS nice sky there mistyhollows! 😛

smurfysmurfy

Yes, lots of rain up here past Gympie….Mary River up again, but so far not as bad as last years floods!

We are happy to be filling our tanks. We almost had to buy water before xmas too, so I feel for you Gartenfee!

Saty safe everyone and be sure to unpack your water-wings if in Qld / Nth NSW! 😆

BlueWrenBlueWren

Dry day today , good to get outside for a few jobs, but too hot /humid to get too excited!!

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Thanks bullseye I took that photo from our backyard!

Too humid to do much at all here today. DH was finishing up the chicken coop and I tied up the mulberry tree. I don’t know how you QLD’ers live in it. We’ve had a break this arvo though with a southerly coming through. Still no rain though :angry: just went straight over the top of us :shrug:

I might have to send the kids out to do a rain dance soon :laugh:

BronBron

It’s not too bad here yet, which is ironic considering Gympie normally floods at the drop of a hat. Yesterday we even went to Rainbow Beach (not sunny but still nice)

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

It’s raining here and after 4 days have had 125mm, the dam is full and with 50mm last night came up over a metre and is overflowing and backing up to the house, tank is full and overflowing and coming out the rust holes in the side, the garden is underwater, the gully here is running about 18″ deep…….. anyone up for white water rafting :laugh:

Please STOP the rain

We wont be able to go out till we can see if fill/rocks under the pipes is still there.

Now I know how to make it rain last week end I put some seasol and fish on the garden and planted some beans which will rot 🙁

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

PLEASE STOP the rain

We are now cut off there is over 30cm of water over the pipes and it is washing away what the insurance did to make it safe after last years floods …. anyone want to do a food drop for us :laugh: We’ve been using the stockpile and with DH so sick haven’t done much to replace it, maybe we should have bouth a helicopter instead of a car.

smurfysmurfy

Oh Judi B!!!!!!

Please stay safe…..and look after each other! It is pouring here and the Mary river is on the rise…….

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

can’t from me atm, am waiting on a phone call from removalists – sitting and waitng – sitting and waiting, and reading lol

I might even make a cake :jawdrop:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Well I’m going to have to find a lift into town on Monday so I can get DH script filled.

I went down earlier and the drive is stuffed again no way for us to get the car out.

:angry:

gartenfeegartenfee

we are not that bad of here really, sure we had lots of rain, but we can get out and all that. went to town yesterday, the river whas up but town is still operating as normal.

i have nothing to complain about.

Judi all the best.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.