Aussies Living Simply

Long time no see

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    roadwarrior

Hi everyone! It’s been aaaaaaaaaages since I’ve been on here, but I have an excuse…honest I have 😉

I’ve turned my hand to amateur film-making.

I figured that the world hadn’t ended yet so I’d better get out there and take advantage of the fact that you can still make a quid for a day’s work. At least for a while anyway.

However I’m a bit out of my depth at the moment. I’ve never been much into social media, and I need some help right now on how to get information about the current project I’m involved in out to the masses.

We’re in the process of crowd funding for a few dollars to complete post-processing of our project. This is my first foray into crowd funding, and I’m after advice from anyone else who has been involved in this method of fundraising.

We are producing a documentary on the solar eclipse that passes through Tennant Creek earlier this year. If you’d like to look at our crowdfunding campaign you can see it here Indiegogo Eclipse Documentary

I’m not asking ALSers for funding (although if you’d like one of the perks you’re more than welcome to buy one). I’m after advice on how to run a successful crowdfunding campaign, and the best ways to promote it using social media. I’ve only just got a twitter account so I don’t even know much about that!

So if there are any ALSers out there with experience in this area I’d appreciate the advice.

rw

Andre
    Keymaster

G’day roadwarrior :wave:

No advice from me … sorry .. but welcome back to ALS !

Hope it works out for you :tup:

:whistle:

ballamara
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t have a clue either but it is good to hear from you. Let us knowhow it all goes

Hummer
    Keymaster

Howdy RW.. nice to see you back. All the best with your latest project :tup:

HT

Hi RW

are you back to tell me scarey stories again ?????

HT

roadwarrior

HT post=356991 wrote: Hi RW

are you back to tell me scarey stories again ?????

HT

Hmmm, I’ll try not to 😉 I’ve turned to the “dark side” where image is everything and the truth is based on how much money you have…I figured if I can’t beat them….

No seriously, I’m looking to make my hobbies pay for themselves, and I’ve always loved chasing eclipses and astronomy. I’m developing this concept where not only can I enjoy what I love doing, but it may actually make me some money.

Having said that, several european countries are on the verge of collapse since the last time I was here. The scary stories are real; they’re just taking slightly longer to to play out than I thought.

Robyne

Missed you Road warrior, Its time to scare the wits out of HT :ohmy: :ohmy:

Maybe one of the TV people might be able to help you with the crowds. Or you can become a Pollie they

seem to draw people towards them???

roadwarrior

Ew Robyne, I haven’t turned that much to the dark side.

Does anyone have a popular facebook page or some other social media forum I can post my crowdfunding link to? We’re getting some interest but not anywhere near enough.

rw

Bobbee

Hiya roadwarrior, nice to see you home again. :wave:

Sorry I can’t help with your queries as als is as far as I go in the social media scene.

It has to be good to be able to take your hobbies another step further, so good luck with that.

🙂

Kristy

The best way I know would be to setup a page on facebook for it and then get people to like the page, get friends to share it etc… Seems to be the way to get things out there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.