Aussies Living Simply

Local Harvest. Finding good food close to you. New Website to connect locals.

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Community Activism and Self Nurturing Communities Local Harvest. Finding good food close to you. New Website to connect locals.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    happyvalley

Hi Everyone, found this info courtesy of Aunty (ABC) and definitely worth sharing.

For those who are looking for local produce homegrown this website will give you local connections. (Once you all add your details lol)

And if you produce homegrown and want to share your excess you can put your details on.

Tips for ‘How to’ as well.

The site is just being formed and if you want to listen to the interesting audio interview from the ABC – worth it as he goes through what he wants to achieve, the link is below.

http://www.abc.net.au/rural/telegraph/content/2012/s3434800.htm

So lets get on board with this, reduce the supermarket profits and power and return them to the producer – join up to sell/swap/buy produce and let all your friends know and send this website viral :tup: :tup:

Bobbee

Happyvalley, thanks for that. I have put the website you posted on the other thread onto my favs. :tup:

:hug:

busylizzie
    Participant

Thanks for the link, great idea. When Im more organised Ill add my farmgate sales to the map. :tup:

Airgead

Our local transition group is using this site to set up a food map of the local area. We have a lot of growers round Galston/Arcadia that no one outside of Galston/Arcadia knows about. They are struggling at the moment and more and more are selling out for developers. If we can connect them with a ready market (who pay more than the wholesalers/supermarkets) we may save some…

Cheers

Dave

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wonder if ALS and LH could collaborate in some way ??

kerrip

I think that is a great idea Dan.

Airgead

I’m sure there is something we could to to collaborate. Our readership and theirs are likely to be quite similar. Even just some cross linking could be good for both sites.

Cheers

Dave

helenm

great site and idea, thanks! I have been searching for local growers in our area for a while.

And a collaboration sounds great – perhaps even just put the site on the top banner for a while (thats if you’ve found your extra mods yet!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.