Aussies Living Simply

Lifestyle for the kids

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Lifestyle for the kids

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Little GiantLittle Giant

My husband and I moved to our 3/4 acre block on the NSW/QLD border 18 months ago for the lifestyle opportunity the rural setting offered our children. We are close to the beach and town but have the country feel of hearing the neighbourhood cows or roosters in the distance and having to collect our mail from the general store. We have 2 children, a 6-year-old girl and a 2-year-old boy, and this home gave them the opportunity to run about in the fresh air without the hard work of a large property. We have 5 chooks (9 weeks old that were hand-raised from day-old chickens, still a while until we have eggs!), 2 goldfish, and have just acquired two lambs for the time being. Oh, and I’m a wildlife carer so have an echidna in foster care for the time being as well. We’ve planted lemon, lime, passionfruit, orange, mandarin, avocado and paw paw trees and have a well-established mango tree. All our little backyard projects will take time to fruit/lay eggs etc but we are enjoying the ambience they provide in the meantime.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Welcome to ALS. :wave: Glad you are enjoying your country lifestyle and good luck with the lambs.

BobbeeBobbee

:wave:

Hi Little Giant. It’s nice to meet you. :tup:

Bobbs :wave:

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

:wave: Welcome to ALS.

sue esue e

Hello LG. :wave: What a great thing to do for your kids! That was our idea when we came here 30 odd years ago and the kids are all the better for it I reckon. They are all grown up now and we are surrounded by suburbia but they all want similar lifestyles for themselves and for their kids when they start arriving. 🙂 We have had all manner of critters over the years. It’s a great life for you and your family! :clap:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Hi Little Giant, welcome to ALS.

You live in a beautiful part of the world and by the sound of it, you have a very full and interesting life. Well done! 🙂

Hi, its what i want to do as well, believe me, the kids will love you for it. Have a great journey with them, i am sure it will be fun and interesting and a much better environment than a big city.

cheers Kate

What a great move. We did the same 5 years ago & we’re loving it. Welcome to ALS.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.