Aussies Living Simply

Life without antibiotics: the rise and rise of superbugs

Home Forums HOMEMADE Natural Remedies and Health Support Life without antibiotics: the rise and rise of superbugs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    owlbrudderowlbrudder

I am not usually an alarmist, but I was concerned at what I read on The Conversation this morning here and an article it linked to here. These articles make sobering reading. Perhaps the anti-vaccine lobbyists will seize on this and chant “We told you so”!

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I am not at all surprised by this, it’s been spoken of in various places for years. Overuse of antibiotics is common knowledge.

However I do often wonder at media sensationalism, they like to get us fired up over different things..

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I also think part of it is what people eat,

as in chicken/feedlot meat – they might not have growth hormones but they certainly have antibiotics,

they would accumulate in a humans system, so therefore when you do need antibiotics they don’t work

could be very wrong, but that is my theory

caddiecaddie
    Participant

Calliecat I think that way too.

When you have animals in feed lot situations then you get diseases

These need to be controlled.

The answer? grow as much as you possibly can.

hard if you live in small suburban area or maybe a flat.

Other than that make so much noise that eventually people start to listen, maybe!!

Any one else got any ideas?

porgeyporgey

Grow & eat as much as you can organically, swap/barter as much organic food as you can, and buy/eat organic where possible. The best defence against disease is good healthy living that naturally boosts your immunity and the use of natural immune boosting herbs, treatments and manoeuvres.

Another side problem of anti-biotics are the enormous piles of human waste at sewerage farms that wont breakdown. They cant burn it and landfill seems out of the question. Its a complete shit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.