Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Leunig on homeschooling

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Home Schooling Leunig on homeschooling

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bellabella

I was really impressed to see on Andrew Denton’s Enough Rope last night that he interviewed Michael Leunig. Leunig home educates his two youngest children with his wife, Helga.

You can read the transcript of the interview here:

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/enoughrope/transcripts/s1632918.htm

Lucky for me a dear friend warned me to look out for it or I’d have missed this one!

Bel

MumchookMumchook

Lucky for me a dear friend warned me to look out for it or I’d have missed this one!

Lucky for me I walked in the door just as hubby was flicking channels and the part on home ed had just begun, so I saw it after all. Hadn’t known it was going to be on. T’was good, wasn’t it?

edensgateedensgate

Wish I could have seen it! I read the transcript though. Did Michael Leunig come across as uncomfortable as it reads?

But I thought he was amazingly articulate and seemed like a very compassionate man. His description of the process of homeschooling was quite inspiring but I wasn’t sure if Andrew Denton actually ‘got it’.

bellabella

Yes, Jodie, Michael was uncomfortable. But not so much that one would think he was sorry for doing the interview… So it was bearable!

Ree, his rambling is how I expected him to be. I liked it. It seemed to challenge Andrew. The body language did annoy me a little.

Denton’s questions were quite predictable, but I hadn’t expected that he’d done much research into homeschooling before the event!

Bel

ArtyArty

Thankyou for posting that link, Bella. I just listened to the transcript and as always, hearing Leunig braught tears to my eyes. He speaks to my heart and makes me feel that I am not alone on this planet with my thoughts and views. I love what he said about homeschooling in the interview. 😀

dustygrl70dustygrl70

What a wonderful read! Thankyou :tup:

And yes… his description of homeschooling vs traditional school is saying what I’ve been struggling to articulate about our school experience all year…

osakasuzosakasuz

Thanks for posting that one, bella. Such an interesting read. Good to see homeschooling getting some airtime.

quasiorquasior

I was happy that I caught this too. I thought Denton was a bit negative, and Leunig could have come off better, but he did quite well! Its good to see some people who are well known for their career getting exposure to homeschooling.

People like Lindsay Lohan, for example, were homeschooled, but I wouldn’t use that as a positive example for my family and friends!:|

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.