Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Lemons & Limes – looking for your best recipe ideas

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homecooked food (Recipe Request) Lemons & Limes – looking for your best recipe ideas

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dentydogdentydog

Hi all,
    Have an abundance of lemons and limes (yay!!!) so I’m after your favourite recipes for them, probably in the categories of things that I can bake and freeze (for kids lunchboxes etc) or preserves, but a few fresh use now ideas wouldn’t go astray 🙂
    TIA

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Lemon butter is one of my favourites.I have never tried it but how about lemon and lime marmalade ?

dentydogdentydog

Good ideas ballamara! Will get on to those I think 🙂

SnagsSnags

I love gelati

dentydogdentydog

Now that is another great idea Snags!! thx 🙂

BelBel

Lemon/lime cordial. Preserved lemons. Lemon & poppy seed muffins. Lemon slice

dentydogdentydog

Yes very keen to do some preserved lemons, and baking ideas for me add to my list, thanks Bel

SnagsSnags
    SnagsSnags

Ive got a mountain of limes again even after giving heaps away

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

lemenchello after I use the skins I put the rest through the mincer and freeze it in ice Blok trays[ lemons all year]

SnagsSnags

Ive got a whole lot ready for a gelati….1 sugar 1 water boil 2 juice some rind add 3 tablespoons vodka so it doesnt freeze….I got an icecream machine from the op shop for $4….everything is ready to go bu I was busy today

SnagsSnags

It turned out so well Im making heaps more…..today we have new neighbours,he was washing his car I gathered some limes and asked if he wanted them ,he just laughed and said a guy walks out of the bush and hands me limes what a place,I said enjoy,no names, no small chat, just left …..its how I first was introduced to the place…… I looked at a guys coconut tree he asked If I wanted some, I said yeh,a few hours later there was a big bunch on my door step,I met a girl swimming and exchanged coconuts for fish her boyfriend was a fisherman and then the neighbour wanted some so I gave him a few and he made me an incredible Sri Lankan curry…. I knew I was somewhere speacial

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

not many neibourhoods like that any more Snags

SnagsSnags

Juiced 2 litres of lime juice today and made some pickled limes in a Moroccan inspired way

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

sounds tasty snags what was your recipe?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.