Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Lemon Thyme

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi , I just bought a lemon thyme plant and it has grown a lot in the past 2 weeks.

What do you use lemon thyme for? I need some ideas.

What does it taste like? I have pizza thyme and it is kinda bitey, but beaut on pizza and in italian dished. If it’s strong on the lemon, you might need to think of dishes that would do well with both lemon and thyme.

mountainmummountainmum

Its good in chicken dishes- especially in the slow cooker, casseroles etc. Or fish too.

BobbeeBobbee

mountainmum post=321041 wrote: Its good in chicken dishes- especially in the slow cooker, casseroles etc. Or fish too.

Yes mountainmum I agree with that. Also yum in dips. :tup:

Happy day,

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks.

It is really lemony.

I made a garlic lemon chicken casserole in the slow cooker last week. I think it would be good in place of the lemon juice. I might try it and see.

With fish sounds yum too.

Do you have a repice for a dip, Bobbee?

BobbeeBobbee

:wave:

Sorry, no recipe Lilac, I just kinds make em up as I go. Something with salmon, cream cheese, lemon thyme, parsley or maybe a really nice mayonaise instead of or as well as the cream cheese. Or one of the low fat cheeses would be nice. :tup:

Happy day,

Bobbs :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thanks Bobbs. :hug: That is my kind of recipe.lol

brymarkbrymark

I use it over the top of roast Veges just as little branches. Or in the cavity or under the skin of roast chicken with butter and preserved Lemons. Its good in Chilli Concarne.

I find it a little over powering if too much it used in casseroles, but that’s just me 🙂

Wingen_minerWingen_miner

Great for a herbal tea on these cold days (thyme has a warming affect, and the lemon taste is more pleasant than plain thyme).

LeeAndJLeeAndJ

I just used some in a chicken and mushroom pie. It was really good, adding a subtle lemony flavour.

I’ve used in in salad dressing before as well.

Funny you should post this, I was just looking at my Lemon Thyme plant and thinking how nice it looks – we just had a very little rain, and the leaves were really shiny!

Cheers,

Lee.

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

Just found this thread-this is why the forum is so great because all the old information is still here and still relevant.

I wonder how I ever lived without lemon thyme. It’s smell is amazing. I sprinkle it regularly over my salad leaves!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.