Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Kristy's adventures in the Adelaide Hills :)

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log Kristy's adventures in the Adelaide Hills :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    KristyKristy

Hello All 🙂

I love reading everyone’s garden logs so thought I’d start my own. Currently I have a blog here, but I will copy some of the photos over to here and place any new ones in both places… Other blog is for my family and other friends 🙂

Cheers

Kristy

KristyKristy

Actually I might just leave it and take some new photos on the weekend, which I will upload…

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Welcome to the “garden log” we love looking at each others gardens Kristy, yours is a great garden starting from scratch, will be interesting watching your progress.

Lizzie 🙂

AnjaAnja

Looking forward to it Kristy!!

FozzieFozzie

I’m enjoying your blog updates! Looking forward to seeing your progress in the garden log!!

KristyKristy

Hilda and Lucy having their first dust bath

Herb garden coming along nicely

Broad Beans

Snow Peas

Spinach

Garlic

Green Manure

Green Manure and Weeds

Moonscape now looking very green with green manure

Kale seeds planted

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Can’t wait to see it develop Kristy… 🙂

BelBel

Looking great Kristy! Look at those gorgeous chookies having their dust bath – they look like they’re really enjoying themselves. How is the coop/run coming along?

BlueWrenBlueWren

Looking good Kristy.Are your chooks laying yet? What kind of kale did you plant?

ErthgirlErthgirl

ooohhh this is going to be fun 🙂

Looking forward to watching your garden grow Kristy :tup:

KristyKristy

Bel post=315495 wrote: Looking great Kristy! Look at those gorgeous chookies having their dust bath – they look like they’re really enjoying themselves. How is the coop/run coming along?

Thanks everyone, I have grand plans, but it all takes time and money 🙂

Bel I started on the weekend, but ran out of time to finish on the weekend. Also couldn’t get the wire I wanted from Mt Barker, so I will try and complete this weekend 🙂

KristyKristy

$8 compost bin (4m x $2pm)

Bit of an cheap experiment as I saw the idea of wire compost bins in a permaculture book, although they used cardboard around the inside of theirs. I can always cover in black plastic if needed to add heat.

selinaneilselinaneil

I love reading about peoples adventures.Keep it coming! I wish I had as much land to play with, makes me very jealous!

http://selina-veggiegarden.blogspot.com/

KristyKristy

Love the blog Selia 🙂 Your tow dogs are gorgeous and the raised beds and netting looks great.

I an understand the space thing as before this place I only had 100sqm including the house lol…, so 1000sqm is a dream 🙂

BelBel

Hi Kristy. Looking good! Not sure if you’ve done your chook run yet, but I saw this ad on Gumtree and thought of you:

Gumtree chicken wire

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.