Aussies Living Simply

Kitchenaid Professional Mixer – sort of

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homecooked food (Recipe Request) Kitchenaid Professional Mixer – sort of

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    roadwarriorroadwarrior

Airgead post=321572 wrote: A good mixer is an investment.

Which is why I’ve just finished an auction for a white 5K model for under $500. I pick it up on Friday, so hopefully it’s everything people say it is.

I can’t wait to make my first loaf in it, or the first big cake. The icecream attachment might have to come later when funds allow, however the kids will be all over themselves to help me, so i can’t resist having one of those too.

Does anyone have any of the other attachments, like the grinder or sausage maker. If so, how do they perform against dedicated machines?

rw

starrubystarruby

My daughter bought me a kitchenaid for mothers day last year and I really love it. Makes 2 smallish loaves of bread with ease. I ordered some attachments from the site below and had no problems with them. Even the glass bowl arrived in one piece. With postage and the exchange rate was still cheaper than buying here. Only problem I noticed was that the ice cream attachment comes up with a different price once in your cart. I did email them and he said he would honour the cheaper price.

http://www.220-electronics.com/Kitchenaid_Mixer_220_volts/Kitchenaid_Artisan_stand_mixer_220_volts.htm

hope that works

Sandra

roadwarriorroadwarrior

So far today I’ve made two cakes, two pizzas, and am in the process of letting the dough for two loaves of bread rise, all made in my new(ish) Kitchenaid mixer.

I don’t know what I’ve been doing all my life up until now, but this thing ROCKS!

Attached files

starrubystarruby

So happy you like your Kitchen aid- that pizza looks amazing! :tup:

roadwarriorroadwarrior

That’s the remains of the two pizzas, one for the kids and one for me. The kids had shredded ham, bacon and pastrami. Mine had the same plus fresh basil and salami. A mixture of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses tops it off.

The bases are so easy to make in the mixer. The true test are the two loaves currently in pans on their last rise.

roadwarriorroadwarrior

The bread has turned out amazing. I’m quite disappointed actually, not in the machine but in myself; that there can be such a huge difference in quality between what I was able to do by hand and what a machine could do.

The loaf is like it came from a shop, only better. It’s soft yet strong. Full of flavour yet nothing artificial added. With butter an my own honey it is so good it makes me cry; and yearn for a simple life. How can something as simple as a loaf of bread make me feel these things?

I should have been born 70 years ago before we screwed this world up.

Attached files

BlueWrenBlueWren

:clap: :clap: :clap: That bread looks fantastic. I have a Kenwood Chef that I mostly use to make a very yummy lemon cheese cake a few times a year.We are not big on cakes but I think I might abandon noknead bread and begin using the Kenwood more often. It’s nearly 40 years old and weighs a ton – are the new ones lighter?

roadwarriorroadwarrior

The “KA” is about 13 kilos. It’s not that heavy, but it’s as solid as a rock.

gartenfeegartenfee

That is a yummy looking bread RW,

Yes the Kitchenaid are worth their weight in gold.Heavy they are, but for some serious baking it`s just great.

Bw,your Kenwood will do the job for you no problem.

well done

AirgeadAirgead

The new Kenwoods are a bit lighter. Our newish one is around 10gg…

We mostly bought it for the missus to make fruitcakes in but I was going to use it for my bread as well. I found out that making the size batches I do (5 loaves at a time so around 4kg of dough) it was too much (overflowed the bowl) so I still hand knead my bread.

The Kenwood is still amazing though.

Cheers

Dave

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.