Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Kitchenaid Professional Mixer – sort of

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homecooked food (Recipe Request) Kitchenaid Professional Mixer – sort of

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    roadwarriorroadwarrior

While trawling ebay recently, dreaming of all the wonderful kitchen devices that I’d love to own, I cam across a copy of the wonderful(ly expensive) Kitchenaid Mixers. See link below.

Kitchenaid Clone

Does anyone have one of these products, or know someone who’s bought one? The kitchenaid mixers are around $800 retail, a completely unjustifiable expense as far as I’m concerned. But the clone sells for ~$180.

It looks almost identical, but the proof is in the pudding they say!

rw

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

you get what you pay for !!!

up to you, but i wouldn’t

is that a US site or AUS, couldn;t figure it out,the power wattage would be different if from US – and the transformers are not always a good idea

mountainmummountainmum

Hmmm… so cheap! Sounds and looks impressive, but I would be wary too. If its not an original parts would be harder to come by I expect, and the warranty? Not saying $800 is justified either though, its crazy. I have a Breville, think its called a Wizz Mix Pro, cost about $300 and I love it. Doesn’t have the option of mincers etc though, just the 3 usual mixers.

ShibbyShibby

Where does it say it’s a clone? Or are you just going by the price?

ShibbyShibby

Nevermind – i looked at the pictures a bit closer… i cant believe they can get away with that! I’d boycot it on principle if nothing else.

KarmaKarma

I have a KitchenAid Mixer, I shopped around and got it new for $599 just over a year ago, from a shop in Brisbane, they do delivery, not sure where you are but could look up the details if you want me too. They are fantastic mixers, I have bought quite a few of the attachments for them, however I bought those from the Amazon US and around a third of the price, nothing with a motor just the mincer attachment, icecream maker, sausage stuffer, fruit and vegetable juicer/strainer.

If you look on ebay you can buy them on there new cheaper than $800 and sometimes local pickup.

It is true you do get what you pay for, I have had several mixers that have packed up after a while, I guess it depends on how much you are going to use it.

lynnielynnie

For $180 I’d buy one myself actually… am going to book mark that page… looks like the deal also runs out in about 6.5hrs….

lynnielynnie

hmmm shipping is $124 when you dig deaper into it… It says free shipping!!!

AirgeadAirgead

If it looks too good to be true… it probably is.

Caveat Emptor.

You are buying a cheap, knock off with no warranty (even if they say they give a warranty it won’t be worth the paper its written on) and unknown quality.

If you want a cheap mixer, you can get sunbeam or other brand name mixers pretty cheap that will give you probably better service than a knock off kitchenaid.

Having said that, I burned out my cheap sunbeam a few years ago and bought a very good Kenwood…. you really do get what you pay for.

Cheers

Dave

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Airgead post=321565 wrote: d.

Having said that, I burned out my cheap sunbeam a few years ago and bought a very good Kenwood…. you really do get what you pay for.

Cheers

Dave

I was given a Kenwood mixer well over 20 years ago.. lord knows how long it had been going for prior to that. I got it from a hospital kitchen and it would have had plenty of use I imagine. I still have it now and it is going strong.. although, the whisk attachment has blown a prong. I guess I will have to search ebay for anothery one day soon :S

AirgeadAirgead

My mother was given a kenwood for a wedding present 40+ years ago… still going strong.

A good mixer is an investment.

gartenfeegartenfee

I also have a Kitchen aid,the artisan stand mixer.first the price scared me.but this machine will see me out.i am totally happy with my (buttercup)

also have the icecream maker.

i would not ever purchase a delux model. a friend just sold hers,because the way the bowl fits to the mixer is very tight.there for hard to remove.

roadwarriorroadwarrior

I think I’ve convinced myself to wait until a genuine Kitchenaid is available on ebay. I couldn’t even justify paying $500 for one though, but I understand how they are really a life investment.

shadowdancershadowdancer

This is what Im thinking of getting.. looking at the motor size, and having bought stuff from Innovations before, it seems like it’s a good thing. It comes with all the attachments, and it’s got a good warranty on it, and the price is not too bad… however, I’d only use it for soap mostly, but on the odd occasion possibly cooking. I’ve looked at all the others and this motor on this appliance is somewhat bigger 🙂

http://www.innovations.com.au/Product_Detail.aspx?ParentCategoryID=167&CategoryID=44&ProductID=99191

AirgeadAirgead

My goodness… someone who has bought something from Innovations and actually been happy with it! Everyone I know who has ever bought from them has said “rubbish… never again”.

Mind you if you are only going to be mixing up soap in it you probably don’t want a top of the line mixer…

Cheers

Dave

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.