Aussies Living Simply

Karma?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    tipsypixie

Hi all

Having a great time trying to familiarise myself with this luscious, lovely new look ALS. In the course of my exploration I went to “My Profile” (as one does) and found a heap of little toothy looking things listed under the word “Karma”. Can a kind soul please let me know what the “Karma” ranking signifies? I’m sitting here getting all paranoid thinking I don’t have any – then again, at least if it’s nothing then it’s not bad, right???

Cheers

C.

tipsypixie

Wow Humbug, you’re up late. So glad I’m not paddling on my own 🙂 . Hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on it tomorrow or soonish.

Cheers

C.

Hummer

11.30 on a Saturday night.. some would consider this rather early, lol.. but yeah, I am begining to feel the eye lids droop..

Eira Clapton

If you check out the right hand side of each post in a thread, you will see a green and red button. The green one is for ‘applaud’ and the red one ‘smite’. It seems to be some kind of ranking system -I wonder what would happen if you got more smites than applause?

Lady Bee

Earthmotherwithin wrote:

If you check out the right hand side of each post in a thread, you will see a green and red button. The green one is for ‘applaud’ and the red one ‘smite’. It seems to be some kind of ranking system -I wonder what would happen if you got more smites than applause?

We send Doc round to straighten you out! 😆 :woohoo: 😛

Lady Bee

I’m going to demandin the strongest possible terms that we change the name Karma to something that doesn’t have that flippin Boy George/Culture Club song going through my mind every time I delve into ALS.

tipsypixie

But Lady B – that’s one of my favourite songs. It is, in fact, the only song I can beat the child at on Singstar! It has been responsible for at least 5 episodes of laryngitis – making it also a firm favourite of the hubsters 😆

Thanks for the explanation Earthmotherwithin.

Have a great day folks.

Cheers

C.

Lady B wrote:

…something that doesn’t have that flippin Boy George/Culture Club song going through my mind…

I was doing fine until you mentioned it. Now I have it stuck my head too. :S

Trouble with the Karma/applaud/smite system. Is the cliques have a field day, and end up ruling the roost. I once got a pm off a member here once telling me that such and such posts were being ignored by certain members (about a dozen were named).

God only knows what that group can get up to with the power of karma behind them.

Gianna

On nearly every forum I’ve been on, Karma has eventually been disabled due to abuse. :blink:

Anonymous
    Inactive

yup, karma will probably have the same fate….. for all the reasons above.

Lady Bee

Dan wrote:

yup, karma will probably have the same fate….. for all the reasons above.

Oh thank you, Dan. No more Boy George! I’ve been trying to retrain my brain to focus on John Lennon’s “Instant Karma”, but it’s not working.

Eira Clapton

I love the idea of Doc turning up to ‘heavy’ people who were getting too many ‘smites” ! 🙂 He might tell them some of his jokes (LOL) -just kidding Doc!

I don’t mind us being able to say we ‘applaud’ something, but I am rather worried about smiting anyone! Not something to be encouraged on this friendly site, I would have thought.

redhen2

karma gone already?

I thought cliques were an american high school thing.. not part of the grown up real world? Not that I visit the real world much..

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.