Aussies Living Simply

Just a little tech advice please…..

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Just a little tech advice please…..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    BlueWren

I can’t see the right hand side of a few posts and pics.Any idea why,please?Is it a problem at my end or at the poster’s end ? My screen is fine for most ALS posts and in all other internet situations.

Some more info would help. Operating system version, browser version, exact page you see error.

Geoff
    Keymaster

The title of one of the threads where you see the problem would be the best start, that way we can see if we’re experiencing it as well. Sometimes people can insert things into forum posts that throw the page layout out of whack, but usually you’ll get a scrollbar to see it.

BlueWren

Thankyou both.Next time it happens I’ll give more detail.

OK Bandicootvalley’s post “Lucky dip Chicks” , and it’s only her own first post/pics that disappear on the right.All replies so far are OK. Sorry bv – not getting at you !! :laugh:

I am using Windows Home 7 and like it very much.

BlueWren

Bump.

Rinelle

I’m going to guess that it’s because of the size of the pictures, but they do look fine on my screen. Do you know what resolution you have your screen set at?

BlueWren

Rinelle post=326649 wrote: I’m going to guess that it’s because of the size of the pictures, but they do look fine on my screen. Do you know what resolution you have your screen set at?

Will investigate that and get back.

owlbrudder

Hi, BW.

The pictures display OK on my system, but I am running the Firefox browser under Linux. I notice that, if I click on one of the photos, it displays in its natural size, which is larger than the size it normally displays in the browser. I wonder whether your browser – presumably Internet Explorer – has been set up to display pictures at their natural size all the time, which would mess up the display of the page.

Just my $0.02

Cheers, Doug.

Hummer
    Keymaster

All good my end also.. using Safari here.

Rinelle

I’m using IE, but it is the latest version. I haven’t had the pics off the side of the page in a while, so that could be worth looking into. Upgrading your version of IE may be an easy solve.

BlueWren

Thanks everyone.My screen resolution is 1280×1024 which my new PC recommends.I think I have the latest IE. Might have to delve a little deeper.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.