Aussies Living Simply

Jerusalem artichoke

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Wanted Jerusalem artichoke

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DelldgmDelldgm
    Participant

I’m looking for Jerusalem artichoke starter roots in south australia. Does anyone have any have any they would like to part with or know where to get them? I live in the adelaide hills.

Thanks

Dell

SnagsSnags

Good luck I wouldn’t mind some too
    I havent had any for nearly 20 years.
    Its good for soup and wine
    http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/request157.asp

and farting

foodiefoodie
    Participant

You’ll have to wait until the plants are dormant – over winter sometime. They’re at early flowering stage at the moment.

lmd80lmd80

I had some but they never came back up the year after.

Jedo_03Jedo_03

Snags said: “and farting”…
    No need to wait for the JA’s, Snags… Plenty other things that Gut-Bacteria will convert to methane…
    Baked Beans… Cabbage… Brussell Sprouts… Not forgetting Beer…

DebRDebR

I have some smallish but viable Jerusalem artichokes that I am willing to swap (they are very hardy & survive a central Victorian summer with no watering, but as a result of little water and food they are re not big). Interested in all things edible – seed, cuttings, scion, tubers etc. as a swap.

foodiefoodie
    Participant

I was at the farmers market last weekend – & reminded me of this discussion.  They’re available everywhere now.

DelldgmDelldgm
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks for all the replies, sorry haven’t been able to get back to you. This year has been all about rebuilding the property/garden after the SA fires. So starting with the basic fruits and veggies first. I have started noticing them around places though and discovered both diggers and greenfeast stock them too.
    Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.