Aussies Living Simply

Introduce yourself

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Introduce yourself

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    djc

After reading some of the introductions by new people and after posting a few replies I thought I ought to introduce myself and see if I’m the only person who tunes in from the UK!!

I live in Norfolk (only 8 miles form the centre of Norfolk). I am married -23years and counting.

I do a little bit of veg production, but my younger son and I are working on getting a little market garden type of thing going(he is autistic but has been doing land based skills at college so thought we’d put our 2 3/4 acres to good use) We are currently growing house plants in the greenhouse to start the ball rolling. My eldest son is at Uni doing Natural Sciences(mostly environmental).

We haven;’t any livestock yet but have two dogs.

I enjoy allsorts of cooking and will try anything once. I really love trying food that is free(growing in the hedgerows wild etc) andwill cook with most things. I volunteer at our local museum which is an 18th century workhouse with a farm run with rare breed animals and worked with horses. Brilliant. Like knitting sewing any handicrafts really

Love to hear from anyone any where but would love to know if there’s anyone from the UK who tunes in like me

I think this is an absolutely ace site and tune in most days

Debby

ballamara
    Keymaster

A big warm welcome to you djc. I’m not sure if there are any others from the UK but a lot of us were born and bred there.:) I originated from Herts.

supergran

hi DJC I am originally from Manchester now living in south Australia

We are only on a house block but manage a good size vegie plot and fruit trees and 4 chooks for eggs only

🙂

forest

Hello DJC, welcome to the site. 🙂

gleanert

Welcome DJC. It sounds like you have a very interesting and busy life. Wow, the museum sounds amazing:D

jaymes

Hi Djc, good to have an introduction 😀 I can’t remember if there are any other UKians here or not. 😉

Geoff
    Keymaster

Hi Debby,

Welcome :tup:

Our ancestors are from the UK, if that counts :uhoh: 😆

And you’re lucky enough to have Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall living in the same country 😆 😆 😆

Hope your market garden enterprise takes off :tup:

jasali

hi Debby and welcome to ALS:)

annathome

Hi Debby,

Nice to ‘meet’ you. My family came from Suffolk when I was very young. Now I live in Melbourne.

Good luck with your market garden adventure.

And yes, this is a great site.

Ann.

red

Hi Debby, I’m originally from Brackley in Northamptonshire been over here for 9 years now. It’ll be great to hear how you go with the market garden. Good luck.

jane:D

Kirsty

Welcome Debby that museum sound great! :tup::tup:

Green Gidget

Hi Debbie,

Ive just joined too.

Your musuem job sounds cool!:)

John and Zoe

Hi Debby

Welcome to ALS.

Regards

John

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.