Aussies Living Simply

Inner city concrete gardener, Sydney

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Inner city concrete gardener, Sydney

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Claraflo

Hi,

Just popped in to say hello and join the long list of people wanting to produce their own food. I live in Sydney’s inner west and am attempting to turn my concrete balcony into a productive kitchen garden. So far so good. I’ve got rocket on the go and my first lettuces reared their heads today. I share my apartment with two kitty cats, a worm box and a few seedlings. I’m aiming for organic container gardening.

BlueWren

All the best Claraflo for your project.I don’t think we have many truly balcony gardeners posting on here so we’ll be interested to se your progress.Will you be able to add pics?

Claraflo

Thanks for the welcome. And sure, I’m running a photo diary of my progress on my blog anyway.

AuroraOz

Hi Claraflo :wave: nice to meet you. Sounds like your balcony is being plenty productive.

Claraflo

Thanks Aurora. :wave: I hope it will be so. We can only hope I’ll benefit from beginners luck….. :laugh:

LyndyLou

Hi there Claraflow :wave:

Claraflo

Hi Lyndylou, thanks for the welcome

mudhen

Hi and good luck with your balcony garden! Have you seen this Jackie French article:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/environment/selfsufficiency-on-a-balcony/2007/04/23/1177180569548.html

I’ve got a house but very limited garden space and I found it quite helpful to read.

mumof6

Welcom clara, good luck with your gardening. :wave:

Claraflo

Thanks for that article Mudhen, and thanks for the welcome mumof6.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.