Aussies Living Simply

I'm scared!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

We’ve just placed an order for an All-American Canner. (It’s my birthday present – wooohooo!)

Such a big purchase, particularly when it’s coming from half way round the world. My anxiety level has gone up somewhat!

Thanks to Margo for answering my many questions and showing me her ‘beast’ – nothing like seeing the thing ‘in the flesh’.

Have we got a ‘fingers crossed’ smiley?

Mega jealous here, Lady B!

StephanieStephanie

How exiting! I hope you have a happy birthday. I look forward to hearing all about this wonderful canning machine in future posts. Please post a picture when it arrives.

Cheers::)

debby-leedebby-lee

You lucky duck. Much envy 🙂

KirstyKirsty

:clap::tup::clap::tup::clap::tup:

baringaparkbaringapark

:metal:

BullseyeBullseye

Scared? This machine sounds dangerous! 😉

Lady B does one have to use safety gear such as leg chapps, combo hard-hat, earmuffs, eyeware and face guard, like when operating a chainsaw, to use this Canner? :tongue:

Sounds great, can you post a picture? I have no idea what an All-American Canner looks like.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

This is the beast:

http://www.allamericancanner.com/allamerican930pressurecanner.htm

Margo didn’t tell me anything about safety gear! Perhaps I can get away with just a “hi vis” vest?

AnjaAnja

Fantastic!! :clap::tup:

grats , must post photo when here 🙂

BullseyeBullseye

Lady B wrote:

This is the beast:

http://www.allamericancanner.com/allamerican930pressurecanner.htm

Margo didn’t tell me anything about safety gear! Perhaps I can get away with just a “hi vis” vest?

Wow, what a great appliance(?) to have at your disposal. 🙂

LearningLearning

Wow, that’s enormous!! I don’t think I could move that off the stove once it was full with jars of food. Are you going to use it on your regular stove? (what is your regular stove :tongue: ) I have electric, so need to get it off the hot element when the time is up.

It is scary, but I’m sure you’ll master it in no time at all.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Fortunately, my wonderfully clever better half had a very robust camp gas stove and he fitted it in to a metal ‘bench’ and it’s much lower than a normal bench. He did this to facilitate my cheese making as I was having a hard time moving 10 litres of milk off a normal height stove. So, I can just turn the gas off and leave it to sit on there. Just have to make sure I’m not trying to can and make cheese all at the same time!!

This lives out in my shed along with all my other preserving, cheesemaking and beer making equipment. About the only thing I don’t have in my shed is internet access and that’s only because my laptop died.

LearningLearning

Oh, you lucky, lucky lady B!!! Except for the laptop. That sucks.

PeterPeter

Can you give me details, cost etc….I would love to get one!:D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.