Aussies Living Simply

I just can't wait for Peak Oil!

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE COMMUNITIES Peak Oil – where are we headed? I just can't wait for Peak Oil!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 171 total)
  • Author
    AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Good people,

I am sad, depressed, angry, frustrated, disheartened, dejected … (please add anything with a negative vibe to this list) .. yet, there is still a glimmer of hope way way on the horizon.

Recently, I was given the link to youtube: a movie called Home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

I can’t urge you all enough to watch it, but there are several things I should warn you about:

it is a big file (1.30 hours), so some of you may not be able to download it. 😐

and is not for the faint-hearted The first 1.15 hours will no doubt make most, if not all of you, experience the feelings I mentioned above.

However, the last 15 mins does encourage one to hope that we can still get out of the mess that we have found ourselves in.

The reason I called this thread ‘I just can’t wait for Peak Oil’ (in the throes of my despair) is simply because, once PO hits, it will be the clear turning point for the western world’s greed and resource exploitation. The sad part is, as most of us know and dread, is millions – if not billions of people – will suffer and die before we get back on our feet.

Can we change our ways before it’s too late? .. sadly, I doubt it.

On a lighter note – the music is beautiful yet haunting (very fitting) and the photography is stunning.

If anyone is interested in watching it, and can’t download it, pm me with your details, and I will burn some dvds and send them to you.

darlsdarls

I wanted to watch however there’s no subtitles so cannot follow anything… 🙁

Anyone know a definite clip that comes with subtitles?

:hug: Dont worry – human beings have a way to bounce back, however would Mother Earth be the same ever?

Just do your share and enjoy your day and let the rest be…

Cheers! :hug:

grumpy3grumpy3

Thats all we can do, Our best and see what happens. It may not be what we expect will happen but it will still probably be earth destroying anyway.

Dennis

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

darls.. why do you need subtitles?

The one I watched was in english, and I believe there was the option to have ‘captions’:tup:

TullymoorTullymoor

Darls is hearing impaired, I’m not and I still always put the subtitles on if available. I don’t like to miss out on anything don’t ya know 😉

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Thanks for the post Andre:tup:

I have a copy of this which I got when I attended the TT Workshop in June so if anyone wants a copy I to will burn to dvd for you:tup:

darls – my copy is english and says it has subtitles but nothing appears on the screen:shrug: Any advice Andre???

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

My apologies darl .. I will see what I can do.

Tassie Tiger wrote:

Thanks for the post Andre:tup:

I have a copy of this which I got when I attended the TT Workshop in June so if anyone wants a copy I to will burn to dvd for you:tup:

darls – my copy is english and says it has subtitles but nothing appears on the screen:shrug: Any advice Andre???

umm.. not as yet .. I didn’t try the captions, but I will hunt around youtube and see what I can find :tup:

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Yeah it is an amazing movie, with stunning photography.. & with such a profound message that we just can’t ignore..

osakasuzosakasuz

Hey Andre, how do you download it? I can do it too, then….

TullymoorTullymoor

…..feel the lurve :hug:

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

I have just sent an email to my source of the copy seeking advice on what appears to be a missing “subtitles track” Will let you know tomorrow perhaps.

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Good news people .. :tup::tup: I’m now downloading a subtitle version of HOME .. so darls, when I burn the dvd, I will let you know :metal::metal:

I am attempting the High Definition version … woohoo:D

TullymoorTullymoor

:metal:

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

I would love a copy please….. :hug:

Anonymous

yes only teh rich or very wealthy might be insulated to some degree, but those below that level, the asset wealthy, the credit card rich, the ones with what is considerd good paying job, the i’m alright jack’s, are going to be the new poor, and those who are already poor are going to be even more impoverished, with dramatic results.

sadly all we can do as individulals is our best to be more eficient in using resources, any change that could swing the pendulum will have to come from gov’ and they are money grubbers so they won’t change the status quo as it may affect their image in the eyes of their mega wealthy cohorts.

ofcourse it us little folk all came togetehr maybe magically somehow then we migh force cahnge but don’t be holdnig our breathe for that to happen any time soon, not with so much sport worship happening.

reckon we’d need to be seeing a lot more common sense among the masses as well. the gov encourges so long as one is alright forget the rest, keeps us little people divided and brings in the addage “united we stand – divided we fall”, the way i see it we’re falling.

len

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 171 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.