Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

how the new site works… Have a say

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up how the new site works… Have a say

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Got a timeframe for that, Dan? 
    😀

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Flippin spammers!  Deleted 5 threads and 3 users tonight due to spam.  How are they getting through?

sunbirdsunbird

Meanwhile, I’m only dropping in every 2 weeks.

Dan said: “we all are having a few issues with this forum. I’m actively looking at getting something sorted which will benefit us all greatly.”

Does this mean we’ll get buttons like Quote, Report (or is that Flag?), Subscribe to thread/Watch thread, etc?

As a forum user, I don’t need anything fancy. I just want to be able to read it easily, quote others, report spammers or trolls, & post photos if possible but satisfied posting links. The easiest website I’ve ever used is whirlpool.net.au. You can’t post photos there, but they keep it very very simple and it works. No email notifications either so you have to check in regularly.

Dan, any chance of giving us a dot point list of what you want to achieve with this site, and what we’ve got to look forward to, please.  Can you do a sticky post at the top of a thread, or this thread, to keep us up to date with your progress?

Appreciate the work you’re doing, can’t imagine what it’s like to change a forum like this.

Frugal GirlFrugal Girl

When I click on ‘Awesome’ on someone’s thread the whole screen goes funny.  It almost turns 3D.  I backspace or refresh the page and my ‘Awesome’ click has disappeared.  

BobbeeBobbee

There is still spam on the ‘do you wanna talk gardening’ thread.  I would be really pleased if some one, probably LadyB who seems to be the only helper on site lately, could remove it.

:(|)

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Spam has been dealt with.  Thanks for the heads up, Bobbee.

diannedianne
    Participant

how can I fix a spelling error in the tittle of my thread?

BobbeeBobbee

Good question Dianne.   I assume, with the 1 hour space allowed for editing, that we can’t alter anything after that hour.   In my not so humble opinion, that is not good enough and I ask that Dan make editing available at any time please.

:(|)

diannedianne
    Participant

thanks, I couldn’t fix it, not even straight away. :(|)

sunbirdsunbird

Hi Frugal Girl, that just happened to me too. I tried to do a LOL.

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

It’s changed again.

What have you been up to, Dan?

Dan StollDan
    Keymaster

So there has been a software update to help with spammers and I fixed up some graphical issues.. As a colour blind guy I was actually finding it hard to read some of the areas.. I’ve also deleted a bucked load of tags that spammers had left behind, and also some plugins.. For eg, online now actually works.. I’m just waiting for some bugs to be ironed our of a new editing window that will make posting images easier as well..

Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Well done, Dan.  Anything that gets rid of spammers is a good move, in my book.  Never been quite sure if I’ve deleted everything when I ban them. 

It’s looking very sleek now.

Keep up the good work, Dan.

sunbirdsunbird

Thanks Dan.
    I like the new look. Clean and simple, no visual clutter.

AshilleongAshilleong

I agree – it lets you focus on the content without unnecessary distractions.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.