Aussies Living Simply

how the new site works… Have a say

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up how the new site works… Have a say

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Vanessa

second try

Vanessa

Opps seems that by having the RHS “chopped off” i didn’t (and still cant) see that there was a “next page” button (now that I have written in the text box all the way to the RHS – but the Left hand side with the menus is now “chopped”) it has shifted the whole page to the right and allowed me to see the whole page, I would guess it is something about the width of the displayed page being bigger than the page it is displayed on.

Hopefully it is an easy fix 

Geoff
    Keymaster

Hi All,

I think we’ve resolved this problem now, let us know if you’re still experiencing chopped off views of things!

Thanks,
    Geoff

Bobbee

Yep, full posts now showing, thank you.

It’s nice to get the smileys back,

:(|)

ballamara
    Keymaster

thanks Geoff all’s right now

sunbird

Thanks Geoff, looks like it’s operating as it should. I’ll be here more often now. 🙂

clarec

I’m rural and have only a 2GB/month plan so I turn images off. Will give give feedback if I see something that might improve site for low bandwidth users like myself.

Bobbee

Please put ‘activity’ on the front forum page, there is plenty of room on the left, and it just might encourage some chit chat.

Bobbee

Are there any mods or admin visiting the site?

How do we notify re spammers please?

Spam has been recognised on the ‘vaseline’ thread if anyone is interested!

Bobbee

That spam is every where I have bothered to look.

sunbird

Is there a “Quote” button.  I can’t find one, and often prefer to use one especially if I’m responding to a post quite a number back.

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

I’ve been away for 5 weeks, and thought by the time I returned things would be better.  It would appear not to be the case.

I don’t know how anyone can alert a moderator, if there is a way, I certainly haven’t discovered it, and I’m one!!  If I see spam, I’ll get rid of it, but to be perfectly honest, the new site is rather cumbersome and I probably won’t visit often.

My major gripe is that on the ‘recent discussions’ page, I can see the number of new posts (presumably since I last read the thread, but can’t find a way to quickly get to the last post I read.  I have to trawl through the whole thread and that just puts me off.

Steve
    Keymaster

Lady B, I’ve noticed the first time you go to a thread, you start at the first post but for any subsequent new posts on that thread, you are taken to the last posts which suits me. It is only the first time you go to the thread that it’s a pain.

Bobbee

Thanks for answering LadyB, it helps to know mods are experiencing difficulty with the site but also highlights the fact of the problems.

I agree with Steve re negotiating threads, also on that first occasion you visit a thread the number of pages the thread covers is shown on the right of the second post so you can click on the last page shown and fly straight there.

Dan
    Keymaster

Hey People.. Yeah, we all are having a few issues with this forum.. I’m actively looking at getting something sorted which will benefit us all greatly.. Please bear with me.. The ALS forum is actually quite a large beast to move around..

Big things are in the pipeworks 🙂 
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.