Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

how the new site works… Have a say

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up how the new site works… Have a say

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Penny1765Penny1765

Can we edit posts? Thanks to all who look after the site you do a great job!

Penny1765Penny1765

I have had to re register as I could not log on through my previous name and password. Can you fix this for meplease?

GeoffGeoff
    Keymaster

Hi GirlFriday, Can you let us know which version of Firefox and which operating system you are on? I’m successfully using Firefox here, so it must be down to version troubles…

GeoffGeoff
    Keymaster

Hi Penny1765, You can edit posts for up to an hour after they are posted by clicking the little cog in the top right above the post. After an hour you can no longer edit. On the matter of previous usernames, I don’t think a solution was available for this, though Dan may have more to say on it.

BobbeeBobbee

Geoff said:   “Hi Penny1765, You can edit posts for up to an hour after they are posted by clicking the little cog in the top right above the post. After an hour you can no longer edit. On the matter of previous usernames, I don’t think a solution was available for this, though Dan may have more to say on it.”

Well I don’t like the 1 hour limit on editing a post.    Don’t like THAT at all.

:(|)

Nick CarrollNick Carroll

Hello and thanks for all the work.

Is there a way of searching subjects? Ie if you want info on say pressure canners etc?

Thanks
    Nick

GeoffGeoff
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

There is a search box at the top of the home page, and one on the page you arrive on if you click on “Discussions”. It doesn’t have a label for some reason, it’s just a bare text entry box, but if you type stuff in and hit enter it will do a search.

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Mine says Search in the text box – both Chrome and Safari on the iPad.

Screen shot attached…

Nick CarrollNick Carroll

Hey Geoff and Steve

I was using an old link and a iPod, so there was no search field. But at the bottom of the page was a full site button, I pushed that and now I have the search bar and the site is easier to use.thanks nick

GirlFridayGirlFriday

Oh my goodness!

GirlFridayGirlFriday

yay!!! it worked!!!
    Turns out I had to delete Firefox and reinstall.

GirlFridayGirlFriday

ok but I still cant post a new discussion unless I retrieve it from ‘saved drafts’ and repost it. oh well. Its better than nothing. I was heading towards the door otherwise.

KasaliaKasalia

As all the photos in my last post (In my Kitchen Garden) didnt work how can I get the whole post deleted so I can start again. I have flagged it, sent messages, is there anyone out there who can delete it?I think the problem is with photobucket, as I just did the same old way.

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Just managed to log in after months of failure.

Seemed to be a glitch with the forgot password link – every time I linked in to change the password, it reverted to the initial login window – which was no help.
    Only here because I was lucky enough to remember my old password.
    Not seen much of the site yet .. I guess with all things, accepting change takes time.
    Cheers
    carazycarazy

Hi,
    Just thought I’d mention, I was trawling through the ‘Backyard Projects’ category and noticed there were a lot of missing images from older posts which makes it hard to understand some descriptions. I’m assuming it might be across other categories as well.

I’m not sure if they haven’t been transferred over yet or the linking code broke during the mysql export. The old content is still valuable and relevant so it might be worth checking into. Obviously if they no longer exist then no amount of wizardry is going to fix it.

**Perhaps also adding one of the many ‘Advanced Search’ plugins so if you were for instance looking up chickens you could narrow it to certain categories like keeping vs recipes. Something like Relevanssi which is a highly recommended WP plugin. The free version is infintely superior to default WP search.
    http://www.relevanssi.com/features/ (and it’s free!)

Thanks for all your efforts.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.