Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

how the new site works… Have a say

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up how the new site works… Have a say

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    Dan StollDan
    Keymaster

so just wondering if you would like all of the forum categories placed to te side of the main forum? and that you want the latests threads as the default. 

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

I love the new look, but the site seems slow or unresponsive. For example, I tried to start a new discussion today and the button which posts the new discussion thread did not work after numerous tries. The site did save my draft, however!

Thanks for all you do.
    SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Personally I’d prefer not to have the categories listed as I don’t use them but definitely have the latest threads as the default. I just like to see any new threads/comments since my last visit on the default page.

If there is anything else I want to see I use the search function.
    Lady BeeLady Bee
    Keymaster

Like Steve, I’m happy with having the latest threads as the default.

I like how there’s an indicator on a thread that there are new posts, but I’d like to be able to click it and get to the first of the new posts.  Is that possible?

Also, from an Admin point of view, how do I move threads to the appropriate place?  There are several threads under “introduce yourself” that need to be moved.

On that note, is there any way that we can do away with the default category on a new discussion?  Make it so that posters have to actually think about where their thread should go. 

PeterReillyPeterReilly

Its cool! but most of us find a lot of glitch here on the new template.
    But we are assured that it will be resolved one of these days.
    Category are cool at the side it gives us much comfort to locate the things that we want.

BobbeeBobbee

Must have been a gargantuan task to re-thingy the site Dan.   Thanks heaps for the time and effort you have

put in.     

Thanks also for the opportunity to put in our tuppence worth re how it all works.     As you know I am not a

technically minded person but, as you also know, I am not backward at having a say about stuff, so, after I

work my way around a bit, if you are still around by then, I will let you know what I think.

So far so good.        

🙂 =D>

Hi Guys, just had my first look at the site. Looking good. When you enter into a topic/thread, is there anyway I can get the conversations to go from newest to oldest, rather than the current oldest to newest?

thanks

JoanCJoanC

Yes please, its a little chaotic. 

GirlFridayGirlFriday

I would love to know how to upload photos- I press ‘Browse’ and choose a photo but then it just has the word ‘uploading’ for ages and doesnt actually do anything. The photos are from my iphone via the computer so are not really that data heavy.

BobbeeBobbee

I uploaded a pic another day GirlFriday, I’ll give it another go and see if I can still do it.

BobbeeBobbee

I pressed ‘browse’ then chose a pic and pressed ‘open’ and then ‘post ‘.  Hope that helps.

:(|)

BobbeeBobbee

Dan said:  “so just wondering if you would like all of the forum categories placed to te side of the main forum? and that you want the latests threads as the default. “

Yep, that sounds good to me Dan.   Hope you give it a try.

I really like the way the posts stay in view when I write a comment, it saves flicking back and forth checking what someone else said.

I also like the indicator showing pm’s and stuff at the top right of the forum page.

A question or two please:

How do we access the saved draft?

How do we put another persons comment into a quote in our own comment box?

Thanks in advance for the answers I will hopefully receive from someone.

BobbeeBobbee

Another idea from me Dan.  The activity thingy might get more action if it was on the forum page and therefore immediately visible when we log in.

I seem to remember when I first joined als the shout box was on the forum page.

GeoffGeoff
    Keymaster

GirlFriday, it could be a browser issue, so try a different one and see if it works. If it does, let us know what type of browser you were using that didn’t work. Cheers

GirlFridayGirlFriday

I am using Firefox.
    Still having issues with loading photos despite following all the directions.
    I am not able to post a new discussion by hitting the ‘new discussion’ button- for some reason the post comment button wont work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.