Aussies Living Simply

How many Scenic Rimmers do we have?

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up How many Scenic Rimmers do we have?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    LeecyLeecy

Interested to see how many ALSers are close by! I hail from Eagle Heights on the top of Mt Tamborine. Where are all the other locals?? :wave:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Me! Me!

I’m from Boonah, the heart of the Scenic Rim.

Ralf_LizRalf_Liz

We are (hopefully) heading up that way soon. Just moved over here from WA, renting close to DH’s work at the moment. Spending every weekend in the Mount Tamborine/Eagle Heights/North Tamborine area looking for a house to buy. Looked at quite a few , just waiting for the one with the right house / useable amount of garden / price combination 🙂

Michelle-smMichelle-sm

I wish!:D

BoonahgirlBoonahgirl

Hi Anon

We’ve moved into Boonah district in the last six months and love it.

EmbersEmbers

Oooh, how timely! Mind if I hijack a little and ask some of the Boonah people about what DH and I should see & do when we are out that way camping in a couple of weeks?? :shy:

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Where are you camping? One of the dams?

There are a few nice cafes around if you like coffee. Flavours in Boonah is good. Nice bakery in Aratula (the icecream shop next to the bakery has nice coffee). Also several pubs where you can get a meal. Try the Duge in Boonah (Dugandan Hotel – its on the southern side of Boonah heading towards Rathdowney).

If you drive up to the Mt French National Park, the lookout is only a short (5 min) walk. Look out over Kalbar.

There are small towns around Boonah:- Kalbar, Aratula, Roadvale, Mt Alford also Maroon and Moogerah Dams. Not a lot to do there but it’s a nice drive.

Edited to add that there is an information centre in Bicentennial Park near the big roundabout (heading out of Boonah towards the Cunningham Hway).

TeacupTeacup

:tup: Hi from Rosewood

EmbersEmbers

Where are you camping? One of the dams?

Thanks for the list of places, Steve. We’re going near Lake Maroon. Might head straight for Bicentennial Park, grab some reading material and takeaways and head up to the lookout before we set up camp 🙂

traceytracey

Hi, we live on the flat at the gold coast!! so jealous of your nice red soil:)

EmbersEmbers

You lucky Scenic Rim people live in a lovely part of Australia. We went to most of the places Steve mentioned plus a few more–the Falls Drive was a highlight, especially with so much water over the falls thanks to recent rains 🙂

SteveSteve
    Keymaster

Glad you liked it Embers. I was actually up on Mt French yesterday wandering around on my own in the rain.

Noone else there – it was perfect.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.