Aussies Living Simply

How I make my own EM Bokashi powder without using concentrate

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Homemade fertilisers, sprays and compost How I make my own EM Bokashi powder without using concentrate

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    carazy

I noticed a few threads regarding Bokashi but figured I may as well post a new thread for everyone to see how I make my own home made version/s. It is truly a massive money saver.

I’ve been doing it for a few years now small and fairly large scale. I only do it because I’ve found a way of doing it pretty much for free.

http://carazy.net/diy-home-made-free-em-bokashi-mix/

I get overly descriptive to minimise repeated answering, so if there’s too many words just jump to the bottom of the page for the simplest of methods. I do use a combination of the second and last methods but most people could get away with the last.
    I’m currently working on a couple of other bokashi posts regarding building your own bins etc.

For perspective, my single person vegetable waste is barely1-2kg/week, most of it coffee grounds! Not enough for any substantial composting so I started picking up the food waste at a local cafe. In the first three months I composted over a tonne of food (~90-120kg/week). Most of it in my bokashi bins.

I’ve never had a bin putrefy so I must be doing something right with my experiments!

Ashilleong

Had a read through of your blog and bookmarked a few pages. Can’t wait to try a few out – especially the yoghurt 🙂

carazy

If you do get around to it let me know how you go and if you hit any snags. I’m always keen for feedback. Although it’s so simple it takes a lot of neglect to go wrong.

Ashilleong

Good. I’m pretty good at neglect.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.