Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

House & land $175K

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up House & land $175K

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    WazzaWazza

Ill health has forced a dear friend of mine to put her piece of paradise (Roo Poo Lodge) on the market. The 18.3 undulating hectares (45 acres) are located in a secluded valley, 52 kms by road west of Gin Gin, Qld (the last 11 kms are a gravel road). The land is well treed, and home to an impressive population of wildlife including kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, bettongs, koalas, possums, gliders and many species of birds, frogs and reptiles. The property is fully fenced and has been split up into three fenced paddocks adjacent to state forest (no neighbours). There are 5 dams on the property as well as a seasonal creek and a very reliable bore that produces potable water. (It hasn’t failed to produce for the past ten years, including through 5 years of drought). The house is secluded from the road, being set back by 250 metres. There is one 5,000-gal water tank and two of 2,000 gallon capacity to store plenty of water. There are 26 mature fruit and nut trees. You will also find a pig pen, chook yard and the original residence (a flitch cabin) is ideal as a large storage shed and a hay shed. The present home is a cottage, which has two large bedrooms and one smaller bedroom. A school bus comes to the front gate for both primary and secondary schools. Mail is delivered daily. Electricity and phone are connected, as is satellite broadband Internet and Austar satellite TV. But wait …. there’s more! Instead of a set of steak knives, the vendor will throw in a very tame, friendly donkey and a flock of chooks with the purchase price. There are presently 5 Dexter cows and a bull grazing the property and she is prepared to sell these to the purchaser (if they want them) for a discounted price.

The price for all this? $175,000. True! PM me if you would like the vendors’s contact details.

WazzaWazza

Another picture

WazzaWazza

Another picture

WazzaWazza

Another picture

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

Very nice and a great price…. Sorry for your friends ill health….

toosusietoosusie

Is that near Mt Perry Wazza? Sad but a bargain. Good on you for trying to help:tup:

GiannaGianna

So sorry that your dear friend is ill Warwick. :hug: It’s a cute house. Someone will be very happy living there. 45 acres with a house like that, for that price is just amazing to me. :jawdrop:

ChezzaChezza
    Participant

You forgot to mention the pool!!! 😀

toosusietoosusie

Wazza where is it. I might know somebody who’s interested?

Anonymous
    Inactive

ah,,, if only……………..

WazzaWazza

You go along the Gin Gin – Mt Perry road for about 32 kms, then take the Wombah winery turn off to the right. The property is about 18 kms along this road, the last 11 kms of which is gravel. The final stretch of road is not for the faint hearted, or those with expensive late model motor vehicles. As well as the usual roos at dawn and dusk, you’re liable to come across the odd stray Brahman at any time of day. But hey, if you value a secluded lifestyle that’s the price you pay.

WazzaWazza

A few other things I should mention for anyone interested. The composting toilet and shower are presently located a 50 metre walk away from the cottage at the original residence. There is no electric hot water. If you want a hot shower, you light up the wood burner an hour or two before hand. This is fair dinkum, simple living! I would say for most buyers you’d want to spend an additional $20,000 over the purchase price, taking it to $195,000. Still a cheap enough buy though.

toosusietoosusie

Ah I thought it might have been there. Thank’s wazza. I’ll see what I can do. Wish me luck :tup::metal:

SandSSandS

Woa – i love QLD

toosusietoosusie

If only what Geoff?:lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.