Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Horseradish

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mudhenmudhen

Has anyone grown this successfully? I’ve had mine in the ground for at least 18 months now, and have dug out a couple of roots, but I’m not sure if they are really big enough.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

horse radish grows like a weed here, I tend to harvest it a bit like carrots or parsnips.

earthwalkerearthwalker
    Participant

I have had no luck….decimated by white curl grub things…..

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

I grew some in a pot from ??? name escaping me atm.  It grew well, died down then came back, then disappeared and now grows in abundance around the entrance of my hothouse in the lawn, must have been knocked over at some stage.   Roots are smaller then a Carrot usually,

TropicalRoseTropicalRose
    Participant

Good timing, this post. I have just been given a horseradish root and wasn’t sure what to do with it or how it grew.

mudhenmudhen

Thanks for all the info.  The roots I dug up were about the size of my pinkie finger (not very big!) but it sounds like that might be as good as it gets.  I have heard that it can be very invasive but mine isn’t growing terribly fast.  It died back a month or so ago and is just now sending up some new shoots.  

Tropical Rose, I would suggest trying it in a pot to start with.

SnagsSnags

My one got hammered by the caterpillars but has fought back and looks good I havent harvested yet but it looks like it might have something

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.