Aussies Living Simply

Honey Recipes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Neko-Chan

I’m looking for recipes that use honey instead of refined sugar. I’ll be happy with anything, from baked goods to “savory” dishes, that use honey.

Robyne

Anything that has sugar in the recipe drop it to 1/2 to 3/4 cup even less depends on your taste.

goodfood

Honey is more better than sugar i also use Bee2 Honey..its best in taste & comes in easy packaging !!

Attached files

GirlFriday

In some recipes you may need to reduce the liquid just a touch when using honey. Honey in baked goods helps them keep longer (if you dont have kids to gobble them up).

jaydatoo

Here is the gluten free version I made of a whole orange cake – one of the best things I’ve ever eaten! For the regular version, substitute the gluten free flour and almond meal for 1 1/2 cups of regular SR flour.

WHOLE ORANGE CAKE

1 orange

1 cup honey (I was extragent perhaps because we have our own raw honey)

125gms butter ( not marg)

2 eggs

1 cup gluten free SR flour

1/2 cup almond meal

Wash orange well and put the whole orange in a food processor and process until no big pieces remaining.

Add rest of ingredients and process until mixed well. 30 seconds or so.

Pour into greased or lined cake tin and bake at 180-200 degrees C for approx 40 to 55 minutes. Mine took 55 minutes but I was using a deep cake tin.

goodfood

Try this cookies recipe combination of peanut butter and honey! Hope you will going to like this.

Ingredients:

1½ cups all-purpose flour

½ cup granulated sugar

¾ teaspoon baking soda

½ teaspoon baking powder

¼ teaspoon salt

½ cup creamy peanut butter

½ cup honey

¼ cup vegetable shortening

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

¼ cup granulated sugar, in a small bowl, for rolling cookies

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.

3. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the peanut butter, honey and shortening on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined. Reduce the mixer speed to low and gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Give the mixture a final stir with a rubber spatula to ensure all of the flour has been incorporated.

4. Use a medium cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons of dough) to scoop out dough and roll into a ball between the palms of your hands. Roll in the sugar and place on the prepared baking sheets about two inches apart. Using fork tines, press a criss-cross pattern into the tops of the cookies, flattening them into disks.

5. Bake until lightly golden brown, about 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes, then use a spatula to remove them to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.