Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Homemade dishwashing liquid ???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    hatterhatter

Hi everyone

Im new to this site and have just started making homemade cleaning products .just would like to know if there is a great dishwishing liquid that i could make ingredents and amounts would be great.

Hatter 🙂

mistyhollowsmistyhollows

Hi hatter :wave: . Welcome to ALS and I think I’ll keep an eye on this thread. I’d be interested in a homemade dishwashing liquid as well.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

I think I saw one on Jackie frenches website yesterday

I’ll go see if I can find it

froot_loopzfroot_loopz
    BlueWrenBlueWren

FL – that recipe does say ” specifically for dishwashing machines” , not hand washing, which may be what hatter is after?

Welcome to ALS hatter! :wave:

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

oops

try this one

Homemade Dish Detergent

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I haven’t tried this yet..

I read somewhere, that leaving a bar of yellow soap in enough water will soften it, then mix it up to form a gooey slimey mess & then add more water until it becomes a liquid.

Sounds good in theory 🙂

There are plenty of recipes around for liquid soap.. from memory I think even Dan has one here somewhere :whistle:

mudhenmudhen

Sorry fruitful, but that one’s for dishwashers too!

http://frugallysustainable.com/2011/09/homemade-liquid-dish-soap-that-really/

Here’s a recipe but it requires the use of Dr Bronner’s Liquid Castile Soap, which I have never seen available in shops in Australia, you can order it online here:

http://www.drbronner.com.au/liquidsoap.html

and here’s the revised recipe which doesn’t use the liquid castile soap:

http://frugallysustainable.com/2012/02/how-to-make-liquid-dish-soap-a-video-tutorial-on-my-revised-recipe/

Liquid Castile soap as far as I am aware is quite difficult and time consuming to make one’s self, but not impossible. Rhonda Jean at Down to Earth was making it herself for a while but she went back to buying detergent a while ago.

Pretty much all the other suggestions are for washing up with soap, and it is just not the same as using detergent, particularly for cutting through grease.

Good luck with your washing up!

WombatWombat

The thing to be aware of is that using soap seems to make things slippery, particularly glassware and crockery, just the stuff you wnat to drop 😉

I haven’t tried that formal though, maybe the vinegar would counteract the slipperyness of the soap…..

Nev

hatterhatter

Thank you for all your replies .i will be hoping to try some of

These recipes out this weekend and give feedback.

Hatter

AshilleongAshilleong

Islandrat, I’d be interested in that too!

zippyzippy

Good one 🙂

What’s “lectric” soda crystals.. just the regular soda crystals?

I’m going to try this.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.