Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Homemade citrus oil cleaner

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    AnjaAnja

[attachment:1]IMG_0774.jpg[/attachment]

nellymarynellymary

Hi there….and a cheerio to all the team at ALS….I heard on the grapevine that I was being talked about….and thought I’d come over and see what all the commotion is…………Oh yeah….the citrus cleaner….I’m starting them for part of my xmas baskets now too…..

I’m going to be asking for requests of photos of everyone’s citrus cleaners…so if you have started one…..get your camera out…..

AnjaAnja

Thanks for the great tip Nellymary!! I attempted to load a photo above but I am having issues 🙁

AnjaAnja

Issues sorted!!

Here is a batch I threw together today (Was going to say ‘made’, but there’s not a lot making is there??). I made marmelade today so used just some of the orange rind. It looks so pretty, I am leaving it on the bench!

I willkeep adding rind when the kids eat more oranges.

nellymarynellymary

I just put a request on my blog asking for photo’s of your citrus cleaner …..so take a photo of it…and send it my way….I’ll add it to my post…

I would love to see how many people are using this cleaner…not to mention, how many countries…how exciting!

Anja, could you send me details with your photo to npe09777 at bigpond dot net dot au

Thanks in advance

GiannaGianna

That looks lovely Anja. 🙂

AnjaAnja

I just had a smell of mine, and even after only 24 hours, it already smells more orangey than vinegary!! Not sure I can wait 2 weeks 🙂

luvinluvin

this is a piccie of mine,grapefruit in large bottle and orange in small bottle

as anja says it does smell so divine

BlueWrenBlueWren

nellymary,welcome to ALS……love your blog.Just saw the recipe for the herby stuff you chuck into everything, in the pasta and sauce recipe.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I have lemon and grapefruit peel, after juicing for cordial.. looking forward to my citrus cleaner now 🙂

mudhenmudhen

Here’s a photo of mine, the one on the right is a couple of weeks old now, the left side one I started a few days ago. It does smell great.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Grapefruit on the left and lemon on the right.

24 hrs and the vinegar has already changed color 🙂

BobbeeBobbee

:wave:

Nice looking bottle there Hummers. :tup:

Take care,

Bobbs :hug:

darlsdarls

I want to check that if I juice the orange and mandarins and cut up the shells, will it be ok to use them in with vinegar, or I’ve already squeezed out the oil?

I always add lemon myrtle oil in my vinegar with water for cleaning – love the smell, but am happy to try orange/lemonade/mandarin oils this time to save money as I’ve got heaps growing here…

Should keep lid on them while fermenting?

Where could I find larger bottle of vinegar than those from shops?

Looking forward to this.

Cheers! :hug:

mudhenmudhen

Hi darls,

from what I can tell, the oil is in the outside skin part of the citrus fruit only. If you think of it ahead of time, you can use a sharp knife and take just the peel off the fruit, leaving behind the white pith. I’ve found you can still juice them quite easily as long as you leave lots of pith behind. I’m not sure that you want to put the pith and all the fruit remnants in with the vinegar, I don’t know how that would affect things. Mandies I just peel and put in the jar, as the pith is thin. I keep the lid on. In Qld I used to be able to get white vinegar in a 4 litre bottle, but here in SA 2l is as big as I’ve found.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.