Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Home schooling Gordonvale NQLD

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Home Schooling Home schooling Gordonvale NQLD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    barely runbarely run

Hi all

my neice (just had baby5) has started to HS the oldest 2 children. I’m not sure she has enough support and certainly opposition from the Grandparents. Are there any support groups or networks around Gordonvale/Cairns or online groups she could join. i support her idea (Distance ED with my own in 1988 trip around Aust) but not sure she has the resources to suceed. Any suggestions welcome.

Cathy

kiwimamakiwimama

Hi Cathy, I’m not sure about QLD groups but there are sure to be some in a place the size of Cairns.

I’m a mod on the Rockpool Homeschool forum. It’s a great place to get online support and encouragement, and I know we have some QLDers on there but not sure if any are from so far north. http://www.rockpoolhomeschool.org

Opposition from grandparents is so unhelpful! You’re right, it would be a good idea for her to get some support some way or another.

🙂

grumpy3grumpy3

barely run wrote:

Hi all

my neice (just had baby5) has started to HS the oldest 2 children. I’m not sure she has enough support and certainly opposition from the Grandparents. Are there any support groups or networks around Gordonvale/Cairns or online groups she could join. i support her idea (Distance ED with my own in 1988 trip around Aust) but not sure she has the resources to suceed. Any suggestions welcome.

Cathy

We are just north of Gympie and have quite a large home school group who use various teaching methods and we also have social times for parents and students. I am sure she could join in with emails etc if she can’t find any closer to her area.

Dennis

AngelsMumAngelsMum

I have friends in Cairns who used to homeschool, before the Steiner school was running. I remember they used to talk about meeting regularly with other homeschoolers. I had the impression that they were quite an active group. It’s probably just a matter of tracking them down. Perhaps through google? Alternative playgroups? etc

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.