Aussies Living Simply

Help with last frost date

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Help with last frost date

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    earthworm42

Hi,

i’ve just recently moved to Rosebud so don’t know the last frost date for this area. we recently had one and it killed :rip: the spuds so don’t want that to happen to my tommys.

thanks

:shrug:

EW42

The Bureau of meteorology website might provide that information. I think it is BOM.gov.au But Rosebud is alpine (I think?) so may not be a reliable date for you. Here we have frost at Christmas, so I plan to plant my more vulnerable crops in the polytunnel once the chooks move out.

kerrieb

Hi EW42,

I’m not sure about Rosebud but across the bay in Ocean Grove you need to watch out for frosts until at least mid October depending on the year. I’m sitting on my hands a bit about planting out into the garden. I normally put the tommys in about the 2nd week of October.

so not alpine then …:shy:

earthworm42

hi hillbillygirl and kerrieb,

thanks for the info. Bom was my first pick too but no luck. as for the skiing i never took the sport up.:tongue:

i used the 2nd week in october where i used to live so that sound good to me.

PS – Gee frost in December that is nippy.

thanks

😀

EW42

waterskiing perhaps …:lol::lol:

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.