Aussies Living Simply

help? vandal's – been hacked i think? – sweetpacks search bar

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up help? vandal's – been hacked i think? – sweetpacks search bar

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    GirlFriday

I had a problem recently with a search engine that hacked my search options and I couldnt find it anywhere to delete it. I ended up having to do into MSConfig and search for it there and delete every record.

Have you got a program called CCleaner? You can use that to delete it.

I just had a quick search on how to remove it- do you have internet access through a local library or anything else? There are several listings that come up.

Anonymous

yes took a bit but in the end we had to delete firefox, sweetwhatever wouldn’t let us uninstall. then someone suggested we install ad-aware and run the but ad-aware a virus protector as well so we then had giant conflict, until we could delete ad-aware while it was still in use, but anyway all right now except finding a browser as good as firefox, tried slim browser and tried g-chrome but it doesn’t come up to firefox, anyhow time will tell, try opera next maybe?

yes have ccleaner but it was unable to help.

len

GirlFriday

bugger- sounds like someone has done a good job on your computer then ;( Sorry I am not much help- not computer minded at all.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.