Aussies Living Simply

Help to ID a Universal Solar Regulator and Monitor

Home Forums SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION, ENERGY and WATER CONSERVATION Sustainable Energy & Energy Conservation Help to ID a Universal Solar Regulator and Monitor

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    FinallyFinally

Hi All,

Has anybody heard of a Universal Solar Monitor and Regulator with the Model Number USRM250?

It is a bright yellow box with a few buttons on the front and that is about all.

Any information would be appreciated – a manual would put you on the Christmas List :hug:

Cheers.

Andrew HobbsPardalote
    Participant

Hi,

Is there any other wording on the box which might indicate manufacturer?

Cheers

Andrew

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Also would be good to know wattage/voltage .. and assuming it is for a house-solar panel setup?

FinallyFinally

No other names I can see – maybe on the back as it is screwed to the wall. As it is a friends not mine I don’t want to mess about too much….. :o)

Cheers, Glen

FinallyFinally

It is a household solar system feeding through the magic yellow box into a 24 volt battery bank, then to a 240 volt inverter to the house. I have seen the magic yellow box indicating a charge rate of more than 20 amps on a cool sunny day.

Cheers, Glen

StuieStuie

tried googleing it but it pointed straight back here… do you have a photo??? it may be a rip off of another brand

Stu

FinallyFinally

Thanks for your time :o)

Andrew HobbsPardalote
    Participant

It appears to be a standard type of solar regulator/monitor. 6 terminals, two to the solar panels, two to the battery and two for auxilliary power for other equipment, remembering that the total auxilliary power available is limited to the maximum from the solar panels. (Note that usually the negative battery and auxilliary terminals are common).

Are you sure you have the battery voltage correct?

In comparison to other similar regulators, the 250 in USRM250 probably refers to the maximum power that can be supplied to the battery. If you saw a current of slightly more than 20 amps this would indicate a battery voltage of 12 Volts. (Hence the query).

The regulator/monitor also shows solar voltage, battery voltage and current. When it is charging, can you see what all three readings are?

Out of interest why do you need the manual?

Cheers

Andrew

StuieStuie

to me it looks like a diy kitset regulator or maybee a small home made unit that never really took off with production just looks diy because of the connector strip terminals and the buttons and leds all over the place,

sorry cant help you there but it looks like it is a non adjustable unit

stu

FinallyFinally

Hey thanks heaps Solar Guy – great info. Unfortunately it was after Christmas so you don’t get the prize (see first post).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.