Aussies Living Simply

Help from Admin needed please.

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Help from Admin needed please.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    karyn26

I am still having trouble PMing an Alser friend and they are having the same trouble their end. :angry:

We can receive/send PM’s to others but not each other. :pinch:

We though we might be banned and sent to the naughty corner or something 😛

So can admin come to our rescue cause we’re having PM’ing withdrawals :laugh:

Thankyou

Gianna

Not Admin but while you’re waiting for a response you could check this. Go to Profile and then Privacy and just make sure that neither of you has inadvertantly placed the other in the Blocked list.

karyn26

Ha HA that would be funny Giana if we’ve done that,I wondered if maybe that had happened.

I went into Profile but couldnt find privacy…um is that the locks thingy well I still have alsers only to see and this person is still in my friend group.

So it’s a mystery still.Lady B is trying to help me out,just ope she manages to fix it.

calliecat
    Participant

:woohoo: I’ve got 2 friends

did not know that :laugh:

Gianna

calliecat post=339154 wrote: :woohoo: I’ve got 2 friends

did not know that :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Robyne

I don’t know whats wrong I can’t log out So it looks like I am on all the time when I am not :shrug:

the logout on the top has dissappeared and the one under my name won’t allow it to happen???? :shrug: Any Ideas

Lady Bee
    Keymaster

Robyne post=339407 wrote: I don’t know whats wrong I can’t log out So it looks like I am on all the time when I am not :shrug:

the logout on the top has dissappeared and the one under my name won’t allow it to happen???? :shrug: Any Ideas

Well you’re not logged on now, so you must have worked it out so will presume this problem is fixed.

As to the messaging problem between Karyn26 and Weaver, Geoff, Airgead and Dan (the tech-heads) are on to it.

B

karyn26

Thanks Lady B appreciate your help.

I havent been on for a couple of days been at work and not home,thanks for passing it onto the guys to sort.

I will try to PM again and see if it works.

weaver

Still not working 🙁 :dry:

Maybe we should start our own chat thread :jawdrop: :woohoo: But then it would get invaded by the likes of Stevil 👿 or even worse busylizzie :woohoo: :blush: :shrug:

Airgead

Sorry.. dan and I are pretty flat out at the moment with real life so we don’t have much time to spend on this at the moment…

I’m assuming here you are using the write message part of your private messages page…

Can one of you try something for me? Click on the other person’s name on a post in the forum. this should take you to their profile page. On that page should be a send message button. If you click on that and send a message can you tell me whether it gets through?

Cheers

Dave

karyn26

Ok Airgead, I just followed your instructions and went to the persons name and went to the profile ,I sent off a brief msg.just need to wait till they reply.

Just popped over to Private Messages and the short msg I sent has come up in there ,is that supposed to do that??

Bobbee

Karyn as far as I know when we send a pm from anywhere on the site, it then comes up in our private messages area. It is so we have a record of what we send I guess.

Not trying to interfere, just help out.

:hug:

karyn26

THanks for that Bobbee,I just thought my PM’s were boomeranging back is all.

Every little bit of info helps.

Bobbee

I have no idea what happens if they ‘boomerang’ back Karyn. Maybe that is what happened. I have no experience of that. :shrug:

If my pm’s don’t ‘go’ they just sit there looking exactly as they did when I typed them up. :shrug:

Good luck with yours. :tup:

:hug:

calliecat
    Participant

I’ve never done it that way, I’ve always just clicked on the little cloud next door to the house at the bottom

that’s all I’ve ever done, and mine all work fine

Bobbee, have just sent you 2 messages – one from the boxed cloud under your name, and the second from your profile 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.