Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Hello to all Newbies welcome to ALS

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Hello to all Newbies welcome to ALS

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

not yet I haven’t, haven’t tried the vinegar/salt trick yet, cos I’m worried when it rains it will eventually trickle down to my trees
    sorry ballamara – at least we don’t have that problem

HumanFriendHumanFriend

Hello Maggie2!
    I recently issued an Order 66 to my husband to kill all couch grass.
    I don’t like the stuff but zero/roundup is what we use. It’ll take a few goes to get the all the dregs that keep popping up.

SnagsSnags

Where is the couch and what is it doing thats bad?
    Very thick mulch of wet newspapaers, real thick topped with what ever else you can get should slow it down ,then keep an eye out for invasions.

LioraLiora
    Participant

Hi Maggie2, welcome :smiley:

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

thanks snags, – it’s just a damn pain in the derrier
    mine is around the raised garden beds, and around the tanks that I find most infuriating

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

maybe if I post a welcome here it will help

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

the DTE forum is closing and many are asking about being on here, so there are a few coming over – and coming back

AlisonCAlisonC

I think I am a comebacker. I have been a member here since 2013 but have been inactive for some time. With the imminent closure of the DTE forum I am on the lookout for a new bunch of people to torment… um I mean chat with.

For those who don’t know me the snapshot reads as follows…

Female, heading for 60 years old (faster than I would have believed possible), living on small acreage in the Sunshine Coast hinterland. Full-time carer for my elderly mother and part time student now about two thirds of the way through earning my Baccalaureate in Philosophy. I study wholly on-line through OUA, but all my courses are provided by Macquarie University in Sydney. Between mum and study I am kept fairly busy so I may not participate here as often as I would like. But ALS now has its own button on my favourites bar so hopefully I will manage to grope my way around at regular intervals. Thank you all very much for having me here.

MistyHMistyH
    Participant

I’m another oldie but ‘newbie’ Alison. I can’t even remember what year we did the pumpkin growing competition but that’s what my avatar is from. We’re now in SE Qld having moved here from Sthn NSW nearly 2 years ago annnnddd it’s that long since I’ve been on here I think.

LioraLiora
    Participant

Hello oldie newbies! Good to see you here :smiley:

Hi everyone, I’m a brand new newbie currently in the Hunter Valley but planning on a move to the Huon Valley in the next year or so. keen to learn about off grid living, growing food and building resilience.

AlisonCAlisonC

Hello @UNCiviLization I hope we get to hear about your adventures in the Huon Valley. It is a beautiful part of the country

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

welcome to the forum UNCiviLization.

Thanks guys, forgot to add I’m planning an earth covered house with some hemp walls so keen for any info on those topics as well.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

sounds great, – there are many threads on here, you might even find something you’re looking for

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.