Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Hello to all Newbies welcome to ALS

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Hello to all Newbies welcome to ALS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

What is this top soil thingy you talk of ??? 😉
    I wish I had some

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

same here snags …… topsoil is a memory from 35yrs ago
     we have crap soil which is mostly clay

LioraLiora
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome, yes top soil, he’s a lucky boy. It’s a far cry from granite country where we almost needed dynamite to plant a fruit tree.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Just a thought it would help if every body put a general location next to there profile like I did  [sunbury ] and a few others  have done [liora Yarra valley ] ect ect

Reading different threads what did you plant [example I am planting silver beet leeks ect ect ]

I think wonder what area they are in  i

stuff to give away plants ect ect

You get the general idea if its in qld its no good looking if you are in melb

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

south burnett here, 0 would leave it to Judi but she puts specifics in and I don;t like that lol

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

done 🙂

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I have it under  my name, how I put it next to it I haven’t a clue. I’m in McIntyre central vic.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

it doesn’t come up Ballamara
    we can’t see it

I got well n truly told off one day  for asking the same thing lol
    a few years ago now

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

You are right it must have been before the big melt down. That shows how much notice I take.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I know how to do it =D> go into menu, edit profile and type it in.

AUSSIEDOWNUNDERAUSSIEDOWNUNDER
    Participant

Great that’s the way peoples :)>-

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I’ve just joined here after looking around for a little while. We live on an acre in a small country town. I have fruit trees growing and raised garden beds for the veggies, I have a continuous battle with couch grass…hate the stuff. We also have chooks for eggs and cleaning up the garden and to watch their funny antics! Years ago we lived more simply but somehow in the last few years things lapsed, ill health, life got busy etc. But I have had enough of feeling stressed all the time and would love to go back to a much simpler and happier way of life. Hoping to find lots of inspiration/motivation here!

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

you n me both sister when it comes to couch grass

welcome 🙂

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I would even put up with couch grass around the dam if it would stay green, then the roos could eat that instead of my treelings.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Calliecat If you are having any success with getting rid of the rotten couch grass, I would love to hear what’s working for you 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.