Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Hello to all Newbies welcome to ALS

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Hello to all Newbies welcome to ALS

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Please introduce yourself to the other members of the forum. We are looking forward to welcoming you. Don’t forget to tell us what area you live in and a little bit about you and your life.

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

Welcome to all the newbies   :-h

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

G’day to all the newbs 🙂

Please feel free to tell us about the journey you’ve made to a simpler life – or – the one you are about to start.
    The many members already on their journey have ample experience and knowledge, much of this can be found by reviewing the many and varied discussion threads.
    Please enjoy.
    MiaWilsonMiaWilson

Hello there, I’m a newbie here. I’m an American and now I live with my husband in Australia, is there anything I need to know?

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

hello and welcome to Aust
    just peruse and jump in where you see fit – if you have questions someone will be able to answer it for you 🙂

and hello and welcome to all the other newbies
    :-h

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome to ALS. As calliecat said just ask away there is sure to be someone who can help.

BelBel

Hi everyone! Glad to see a few new faces. Jump right in – the more the merrier 🙂

wilkinwilkin

Thanks everyone

HumanFriendHumanFriend

I didn’t do this when I joined.., I live where i think there is more rock than soil sometimes, I’m a mum with a baby and other children ranging up to mid twenties in age, I’m in my fifth decade, and I have animals and a long-suffering husband. 🙂

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

We are on a rocky out crop also. Lovely views but terrible when it comes to fencing. 

HumanFriendHumanFriend

Oh yeah, just trying to get a post sunk is a major achievement .. dig a hole – clang! Dig another hole, clang again!

dentydogdentydog

Hi everyone that is new (and old!!!)
    :-h

LioraLiora
    Participant

Hi ALS community. We now live on the dotted line of metropolitan Melbourne, which gets free delivery for a water tank but not good internet plans 😉 . We are on a house block after years of rural living. It’s a wonderful change but also just a little sad the old chapter has closed. We are working up to being self reliant as we once were but on a much smaller and manageable scale, all part of simplifying. We have reduced our possessions right down and our house is small at 57 m2 for the four of us, but sleeps 12 when needed! Now we can ride bicycles to the local store or kids school or the river for a swim but large shops are an hour away. Our previous property was a granite hill and hard work to do anything, but our new place has actual real top soil! Our son bought a house down the road and put a driveway in this weekend but after digging a metre down he still didn’t find clay, just bloomin’ top soil. Never have I heard a complaint about too much topsoil before… or again I’m sure. We are in the infancy of a solar system, we hope to have a stand alone system. We use 3 kWh a day, so it should be doable.

I’m enjoying reading through the posts and getting to know this community :smiley: .

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

Hello Liora and welcome to the site. Your new journey sounds interesting. “too much top soil” I wish 🙂

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

hi Liora 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.