Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Hello from Tassie

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Hello from Tassie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    RoseBuddRoseBudd

Hello and thank you for making this site so interesting and welcoming. We, my husband and myself moved to Tassie 2 1/2 years ago to retire and live the simple life and haven’t worked harder in our life’s but enjoying it inmensely away from pollution traffic crime etc..We bought ourselves 2 acres with lots of fruit-trees and have already established a vegiepatch, with a lot of trial en error but having fun in the process. We try to preserve and bottle what we can and share some with the wildlife,and the neighbors of course.

Thanks for making one feel welcome

Good LiferGood Lifer

Hi Rosebudd, and welcome to ALS. :wave: Where in Tasmania are you? Hard work is great, eh, when the reward is lovely fresh food straight from your own backyard!

BobbeeBobbee

Hello RoseBudd, :wave::wave:

It’s nice to meet another Taswegian.

ErthgirlErthgirl

Hello RoseBudd

Your fruit trees and vegie patch sound fantastic.

Welcome…

:hug: Erthgirl

Shangri LaShangri La

Hi and welcome RoseBudd. Where did you move to Tassie FROM? Living in Tasmania is my fantasy. Hating the cold is my reality unfortunately – was that a major readjustment for you?

welcome 🙂

Tassie TigerTassie Tiger

Hello Rosebud and welcome to ALS:wave:

Another refugee from the lessland but that’s ok I’m starting to get use to it;) Sounds like you have good set up there. Where abouts are you?

Enjoy the journey to simple living:metal:

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Welcome Rosebudd, Great to see some more Tasmanians here. When we have a Tassy G2G you and your husband will have to come along and meet us.

Deb

RoseBuddRoseBudd

Good Lifer wrote:

Hi Rosebudd, and welcome to ALS. :wave: Where in Tasmania are you? Hard work is great, eh, when the reward is lovely fresh food straight from your own backyard!

RoseBuddRoseBudd

Oh sorry, I am still finding my feet and that wasn’t supposed to be the reply still trying to find all the right boxes .

JessiebeanJessiebean

Hi Rosebudd, Lucky you living in the Tamar Valley it is so beautiful here. What are you growing? where did you come from? What is your dream?

That’s enough quetsions for now!

dixiebelledixiebelle

Hi there! :wave: Sounds like a great set up, you’ve got…

RobyneRobyne

Hi and welcome to the group

you live near a friend at Glengarry beautiful area.

connee2001connee2001

Hi Rosebudd, we are on the Central North coast of tassie also been here bout 2 1/4 yrs we just love it. We bought a 9 acre property which has an orchard, and a veg patch, also we have a couple of cows and sheep and chooks, and my passion, horses. we just love having our own meat its a great feeling. Our goa,l as we love it here on the coast, and you dont even need a green thumb lol everything grows ! is to purchase another block and build a sustainable envro home and have solar panels and alittle wind turbine, we have been researching and boy is it exciting… anyhow looking forard to chatting with you and maybe we can have a Tassie g2g soon. Cheers

sallisalli

Hello Rosebudd!! We are in George Town!! lovely to see you here!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.