Aussies Living Simply

hello from tas :)

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself hello from tas :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    faerie

:shy: Hi eveyone ! my name is jess I rent a little house in the suburbs near the beach in southern Tasmania with my partner and our 2 lovely kids 🙂 we try to keep things pretty simple and crunchy here – best of intentions anyway 😐 really happy to find this site x

bluezbandit

Hi Jess,

I am a Tasmanian and I have bought a house near a beach in Southern Tasmania as well. I will be moving there in the future but at the moment its my holiday house. This site is fabulous and its full of great information and inspiration and friendly people, I hope you find what you are looking for and become a regular contributer.

Enjoy

Deb

angelpuss

Hi Jess.:wave: This is a great site, very addictive!

Good Lifer

Welcome to ALS Jess. :wave: Keep your eye on the ‘Get Together’ thread as you never know when someone may organise another Tasmanian ALS get together. Munch the crunch!

Hummer
    Keymaster

Hello Jess :wave:

Hi Faerie – welcome to ALS. Like they said, we are a friendly bunch here in Tassie.

gemjill

G’day

and welcome to the site, it is really a great resource for those of us trying to do our bit

cheers

Shangri La

we try to keep things pretty simple and crunchy here

I LOVE that! I might use that line here if I can’t be bothered cooking and decide we should have toast for dinner

Tullymoor

G’day Faerie, welcome to ALS :wave: We’re a pretty friendly bunch here in Australia too :metal:

Kais Mummy

Hi Faerie,I am in Cairns but am from Tassie and will be back there early Dec next year,cant wait to be back home,been away to long.

You will love it here,have fun and chat soon!!

Tassie Tiger

Welcome to ALS Faeire,:wave:

not sure what the crunch bizzo is all about but I hope you enjoy your journey to simple living.:tup:

sue e

welcome faerie. you’ll love it here.:wave:

Jessiebean

Hi there, I’m Jess with two kiddies too but I am in Northern Tas….

I am just new too and kind of lurking here quite a bit, there is a lot to read!

faerie

tee hee thanks everyone for making me feel welcome 🙂

i am young and silly and dont have much of a way with words :p

crunchy is a very american term i think

from urban dictionary

Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc.

:shrug: I “hear” the term used alot on the net in forums, blogs e.t.c.

i think what i meant was

cloth nappies were alot easier the first time around tas winter seems to drag on and washing never dries and

we just love our garden but sometimes it seems more novel then sustainable ,

i follow the “no poo” method but would be lost without my black hair dye, i dont always remember my green bags but i do make rugs and baskets from my own and others plastic bags.

we have become quite keen and experimental with cooking/sewing/building from scratch and “upcycling”

i make toys from recycled or natural fabrics and make recycled paper too but am still a spotlight window shopping addict !

Bobbee

Hi Jess :wave:

Nice to meet you.

Pee Hess:

Wot’s the good of window shopping?????? Get in there and buy buy buy..

I would if I could and do when I can.

:metal::metal::metal:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.