Aussies Living Simply

Hello Everyone

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Introduce yourself Hello Everyone

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, I have stumbled onto this web site when I was looking at ways to keep chickens cool. I have three darling pullets and two veggie box’s.

My new years resolution is to produce as much as I can from my back yard. My family only consists DH & I so we should be able to produce enough. I must admit that I am a complete rooky when it comes to the garden and the chooks and I have so much to learn but so far both have survived and thrived!!!! But I still need all the help I can get.

I have a strong dislike towards the supermarket and purchase everything I need at farmers markets, or direct from the suppliers.

I can cook, preserve, stew and create wonderful cheeses so looking forward to seeing what this year can bring.

:cheer:

Welcome vanillapodsandgreenbeans! Love your name. I’m fairly new to all this too.

We have quite a few chickens here & have been making sure they have lots of shade, fresh cool water & we put spray misters in their yards too. Apart from bringing them inside, there’s not a lot more you can do. Oh, except putting lots of green vegetation in their yards too.

I’ve never tried making cheese, but want to make some this year so I look forward to you posting a bit more about that.

Andre
    Keymaster

Hi there vp&gb 😉

Welcome to ALS! I’m sure you will enjoy the journey.

Bandicoot Valley post=334231 wrote:

We have quite a few chickens here

and we have some old hens .. and cocky roosters…

:whistle:

ballamara
    Keymaster

Hello and welcome

Steve
    Keymaster

Welcome to ALS vanillapodsandgreenbeans! It is a very nice place here. 🙂

Andre post=334232 wrote:

Ummm, what are you saying Andre? hehe

Steve’s gunna sit back and watch what the hens do to a certain cocky rooster… 🙂

karyn26

Hi and welcome VP&GB.

You’ll meet lots of characters on this site

Actually I think you already have going by what Andre has put in,LOL.

BlueWren

Welcome to ALS VP&GB. Many good caring folk here and heaps of good useful information.

Yes , we have to keep a close eye on Andre and Steve ……..I see they have already begun the New Year true to form………… :laugh:

All the best for your projects.Does your name include both of you…….?

weaver

Love name! Welcome and enjoy the forum it is fantastic.

Bobbee

:wave:

Hello vanillapodsandgreenbeans, it’s very nice to meet you. We do have a very friendly and helpful group of nutters on this site so be prepared to have fun and learn heaps at the same time.

BlueWren post=334251 wrote: Welcome to ALS VP&GB. Many good caring folk here and heaps of good useful information.

Yes , we have to keep a close eye on Andre and Steve ……..I see they have already begun the New Year true to form………… :laugh:

All the best for your projects.Does your name include both of you…….?

Hi Blue Wren, the name indicates the two things I love and it is also the name of my blog vanillapodsandgreenbeans.wordpress.com 🙂

I can see we have some right characters here but also a lot of knowledgable people as well 🙂 thank you for your welcome

Bobbee post=334255 wrote: :wave:

Hello vanillapodsandgreenbeans, it’s very nice to meet you. We do have a very friendly and helpful group of nutters on this site so be prepared to have fun and learn heaps at the same time.

Hi Bobbee, thank you I think i am in the right place cause I am just as nutty about my garden and chickens!

debbie vdk

Hello :wave:

Hummer
    Keymaster

Andre post=334232 wrote:

LOLOLOL!! :clap:

Welcome to ALS :wave:

mauzi

Hi and Welcome. Sure you will enjoy yourself here.

Andre, what does one say 😆 Steve, now what was that technique for dealing with old or naughty roosters 😆

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.