Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Hello all from tassie

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Hello all from tassie

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    sue esue e

Hello all. Just wanted to say hello from lovely Snug. We are having a wonderful time drifting around Tassie with our tent. Have met lots of fellow travellers. Poor hubby is still in search of a fishing spot without success. We will probably head up towards the Tamar towards the end of the week if we can drag ourselves away. Best wishes to you all.

BlueWrenBlueWren

Soooooooooo glad you are having a great time Sue! :clap:

Have you seen mauzi’s very recent post about current 35C in Tassie? :jawdrop:

Did it miss you!!

Love the name , Snug.I had fun once making up a story incorporating Aussie place names.I know the characters finished up in Snug after they had been to Somewhere Else.

HTHT

Hi Sue

Iam glad you are loving Taz,I hope to be back for xmas to live if I can get a nursing job in Bernie or Devonport,fishing is great in Ulverstone for your hubby,clearly it sounds like I will have a fishing buddy:) I want to get into fly fishing when I come back home,does he want to come with? did you get to sheffield,or penguin or gawler?

tell all….

Hey Blue Wren do you mean “No where else” we looked at buying a farm at 0 “no where else” rd “no where else”

sue esue e

Had a bit of a hot day yesterday. But opened up our little house and the sea breeze did its thing. All the vans were all closed up with their air con on. It was 30 I think but different to what that is like at home. We are in a storm ATM so hoping we don’t get blown away. Very windy and I have to say a bit scary but we are zipped up tight and hoping for the best. I’m pretty sure hubby would like a fishing companion as thats about the only interest we don’t have in common HT.

BlueWrenBlueWren

HT post=337031 wrote: Hi Sue

Iam glad you are loving Taz,I hope to be back for xmas to live if I can get a nursing job in Bernie or Devonport,fishing is great in Ulverstone for your hubby,clearly it sounds like I will have a fishing buddy:) I want to get into fly fishing when I come back home,does he want to come with? did you get to sheffield,or penguin or gawler?

tell all….

Hey Blue Wren do you mean “No where else” we looked at buying a farm at 0 “no where else” rd “no where else”

You could well be right!! It was a long time ago but I found some wonderful names, both European and translations of indigenous names.Wish I could remember more.They must have had such interesting origins.We have “Murdering Hut Creek” here I think. :jawdrop: Wonder what happened there!

Wouldn’t it be fun to have No Where Else as your address? Especially at 0 !!

Sue, storms in tents are a bit scary!! But fun if you are not in real danger.We had a very very very wet week in our tent a few years ago at Red Rock , NNSW. Lovely spot.Liked it so much we stayed for another two weeks, fortunately much drier.

HT Penguin! Loved it!

RobyneRobyne

Have you found DOO ME down near Port Aurther well worth a drive around :tup: some of the names they have come up with are quite funny :laugh:

BlueWrenBlueWren

Sue we had a lovely cruise on the Arthur River in the North West. Boats can’t get up the river , boats have to be carried in, so we were on a lovely old timber boat, polished brass etc.Could take about 50 but we were there off season and there were only five of us on board.Great operator, good commentary. Cruise up the river, stop off for lunch, wander through the bush with a glass of red wine.Magic day.

It was during the bush walk that I learnt that Tassie Oak is not an oak at all , but a clever marketing name!! :ohmy:

Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

BobbeeBobbee

Hi Sue, it sounds like a wonderful holiday. Well done you! Thanks for keeping in touch.

:hug:

weaverweaver

Hi Sue

We waved to you from the boat as ours passed yours. Good day for sailing, so nice and smooth. Keep having fun.

sue esue e

Survived the storm. Phew. We are still high and dry. I am surprised how well we are taking to the whole camping thing actually. A very simple life. No cleaning to speak of and basic food. I think we have both lost a bit of weight from all the pitching and Unpitching and from eating plain food with no junk.

mauzimauzi

Hey sue, sounds like you are having a great time. Snug is a pretty place. I purchase my seeds and get my herbs (those that I don’t grow from seed) there.

There are some nice fishing places up this way if you come through, let me know and I can point them out. We have Dee lagoon just up the road and there is a lovely place called Meadowbank Lake about 15 minutes away. Anyway, hope you are having a great time and don’t get blown away in your tent :D:

sue esue e

Hi mauzi!! I think that little nursery is jus t up the road. I look longingly in there as we go walking but I know I won’t be able to control myself so I haven’t ventured inside. We are heading up to our friends place next week for a month so thought we would catch up with you when we get up that way if that’s ok with you. Will give you a call when get there. Haven’t had much of a look up around there yet as we have mainly done the north west and now down around here.

mauzimauzi

Hi sue, It is a great nursery, I only go there when I have spare cash :D: That will be great to catch up, look forward to it.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

Great to hear that you are having a great time. Great fishing around Primrose. Will be there at the weekend hopefully getting amongst it if the weather is kind.

Deb

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.